- 4 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra TUV300 Plus Spied Testing Ahead Of Its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Introduces Service Campaign With Added Benefits: Valid Till 31st December
- 7 hrs ago Ola Self Drive Service Launched In Bangalore Called The ‘Ola Drive’
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj-Triumph Products Will Export From India To International Market
- Sports ISL 2019-20: ATK building a legacy with focus on youth
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 18 LIVE Updates: Bigg Boss Shocks Contestants And Announces The Dreaded ‘Jail’
- News Kartarpur Corridor: Reached agreement on all issues, except service fee, says MEA
- Technology Nokia 110 2019 Feature Phone Launched In India For Rs. 1,599
- Travel How To Choose The Right Travel Insurance Policy
- Lifestyle 8 Popular Facial Oil Myths Busted For You!
- Education HTET Preparation Tips To Crack Exam In One Month
- Finance Tata Motors Shares Spike 13% As UK Strikes New Brexit Deal
The Hyundai Verna is one of the best C-segment sedans sold in India, today. Launched in August 2017 at a price of Rs 7.99 lakh, the new Verna witnessed an immense market response. One of the main reasons for this was its styling. The Hyundai Next Gen Verna is arguably the best-looking sedan in its segment and has even won the prestigious 'Indian Car Of The Year 2018' award.
With the Honda City, Maruti Ciaz and the new Toyota Yaris giving tight competition, how do you think the new Hyundai Verna is performing in the market?
Here are the top things to know about one of the best sedans in India, the new Hyundai Verna!
New Hyundai Verna: Power & Torque
The new Hyundai Verna comes in three engine options: 1.4-litre petrol, 1.6-litre petrol and 1.6-litre diesel. The engines are mated either to a 6-speed manual or an automatic.
Here are the outputs of each variant:
|Variants||Power (bhp)||Torque (Nm)|
|1.4-litre Petrol||99 ||132 |
|1.6-litre Petrol||121 ||151 |
|1.6-litre Diesel||126 ||260 |
New Hyundai Verna: Mileage & Fuel Capacity
The new Hyundai Verna has got a fuel tank capacity of 45 litres. With the claimed ARAI mileage figures, the sedan can return a decent driving range.
Below are the claimed mileage figures of each Hyundai Verna variant:
|1.4-litre Petrol||17.4 |
|1.6-litre Petrol||17.7 |
|1.6-litre Diesel||24.8 |
*Mileage figures are subject to change with respect to engine and driving conditions.
New Hyundai Verna: Ground Clearance, Overall Dimensions & Turning Radius
One of the most important design traits of a sedan is the way it rides low to the ground. However, Indian road conditions force automotive companies to build sedans with higher ground clearance. The same applies to the dimensions.
The new Hyundai Verna has a ground clearance of 165mm; enough to tackle most road conditions while giving the car a good stance.
Below are the overall dimensions of the new Hyundai Verna:
Turning radius for the C-segment sedan stands at 5.2 metres.
New Hyundai Verna: Tyre Size & Boot Space
While the Hyundai Verna gets 16-inch alloys in the top petrol and diesel variants, the saloon comes with only 15-inch steel wheels (with hubcaps) on base variants.
|1.4-litre Petrol||185/65 R15|
|1.6-litre Petrol||195/55 R16|
|1.6-litre Diesel||195/55 R16|
At a boot space of 465 litres, the new Hyundai Verna offers adequate luggage capacity for long drives.
New Hyundai Verna: Colours
The 2017 Hyundai Verna is available in seven colours: Phantom Black, Stardust (Dark Grey), Siena Brown, Fiery Red, Sleek Silver, Flame Orange and Polar White.
Out of this, Flame Orange was the launch colour of the latest Hyundai Verna.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Verna
The Hyundai Next Gen Verna, as mentioned before, is one of the best sedans available on the market today. The styling, features and performance of the new Verna have all opened a huge market for Hyundai India.
But is it better than the Honda City, Maruti Ciaz or the feature-loaded Toyota Yaris?
What's your take?