- 1 hr ago Porsche & Boeing Enter Partnership To Develop Premium Electric Flying Cars
- 2 hrs ago Yamaha R15 V3.0 Prices Increased In India: Price Hike Only For Standard & Darknight Edition Models
- 2 hrs ago New Mahindra Thar (2020) Spied Testing Again Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 2 hrs ago Maruti XL5 (Premium WagonR) Spied Testing Yet Again: Fresh Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- Technology Nokia 9 PureView With Android 10 Makes Cameo On Geekbench
- Movies Chiranjeevi Is Ready To Do A Multi-starrer With Pawan Kalyan!
- News 40 highly trained jihadis being readied for strikes in India at JeM’s Balakot facility
- Sports India does not need me to be successful all the time: Sunil Chhetri
- Finance ICICI Bank FD Health: Should You Opt For This FD + Health Insurance Scheme?
- Lifestyle Dhadak Actress Janhvi Kapoor And Sairat Actress Rinku Rajguru Have Humble Fashion Goals For Us
- Travel 8 Most Dangerous Road Routes In India
- Education October 2: Exclusive 150th Birth Eve Mahatma Gandhi Quotes And Views On Education 2019
Japanese automaker Honda showcased the new CR-V at the Auto Expo 2018 and had confirmed the launch of the SUV in the country. Now, Autocar India reports that the new Honda CR-V will be launched in the Indian market on October 9, 2018.
The new Honda CR-V will be larger than the current-gen model and will also feature a third-row seat. But the biggest update is the new diesel engine. Yes, for the first time in India, Honda will offer the CR-V with a diesel engine along with the petrol variant.
The diesel version of the new Honda CR-V will draw power from a new 1.6-litre unit from the Earth Dreams engine series. The diesel engine gets only a single turbo as opposed to the twin-turbo setup to keep the costs down. The diesel unit produces 118bhp and 300Nm of torque.
The new Honda CR-V petrol model will be powered by a 2-litre engine that is tuned to produce 152bhp and 189Nm of torque. The diesel engine will be mated to a 9-speed automatic gearbox with paddle shifters and will come with an optional all-wheel-drive system. The petrol engine will be coupled to a CVT gearbox delivering power to the front wheels.
The interior of the new Honda CR-V will be equipped with features such a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, dual-zone climate control, electrically adjustable driver seat and much more. Honda is yet to reveal the specifications and features of the new CR-V.
Honda will assemble the new CR-V in India and the pricing of the SUV is expected to be around Rs 28 lakh ex-showroom. Honda will also introduce the new Civic in the country, which was also showcased at the Auto Expo 2018. The new Civic will also feature the same engines as the CR-V.
Thoughts On The New Honda CR-V
Honda is all set to launch the new CR-V in the Indian market and the USP of the SUV will be the addition of a third-row seat and the diesel engine. The CR-V will be a crucial product for Honda in the utility vehicle segment. Expect more details of the CR-V to be revealed in the coming days.