- 1 hr ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 3 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now.
- 4 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Border picks Kohli, Morgan, Finch as three skippers to watch out for in WC
- News Jaganmohan Reddy to meet Modi tomorrow
- Technology Huawei now barred from using SD and microSD cards
- Movies Salman Khan's Hilarious Reply When Katrina Kaif Asked Him Why He Doesn't Follow Her On Instagram!
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Japanese automaker Honda showcased the new CR-V at the Auto Expo 2018 and had confirmed the launch of the SUV in the country. Now, Autocar India reports that the new Honda CR-V will be launched in the Indian market on October 9, 2018.
The new Honda CR-V will be larger than the current-gen model and will also feature a third-row seat. But the biggest update is the new diesel engine. Yes, for the first time in India, Honda will offer the CR-V with a diesel engine along with the petrol variant.
The diesel version of the new Honda CR-V will draw power from a new 1.6-litre unit from the Earth Dreams engine series. The diesel engine gets only a single turbo as opposed to the twin-turbo setup to keep the costs down. The diesel unit produces 118bhp and 300Nm of torque.
The new Honda CR-V petrol model will be powered by a 2-litre engine that is tuned to produce 152bhp and 189Nm of torque. The diesel engine will be mated to a 9-speed automatic gearbox with paddle shifters and will come with an optional all-wheel-drive system. The petrol engine will be coupled to a CVT gearbox delivering power to the front wheels.
The interior of the new Honda CR-V will be equipped with features such a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, dual-zone climate control, electrically adjustable driver seat and much more. Honda is yet to reveal the specifications and features of the new CR-V.
Honda will assemble the new CR-V in India and the pricing of the SUV is expected to be around Rs 28 lakh ex-showroom. Honda will also introduce the new Civic in the country, which was also showcased at the Auto Expo 2018. The new Civic will also feature the same engines as the CR-V.
Thoughts On The New Honda CR-V
Honda is all set to launch the new CR-V in the Indian market and the USP of the SUV will be the addition of a third-row seat and the diesel engine. The CR-V will be a crucial product for Honda in the utility vehicle segment. Expect more details of the CR-V to be revealed in the coming days.