- 6 min ago Ducati Reveals Super Soco CUx Electric Scooter — A Piece Of MotoGP
- 7 min ago Royal Enfield 650 Twins Sales Figures Cross 2000 Units A Month
- 1 hr ago Triumph To Manufacture Electric Motorcycles — Announces Project Triumph TE-1
- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Partners With Aaron Travels To Deploy The Tigor EV
- Movies Actress Sayyeshaa Pregnant With Her First Child? Deets Inside
- News Amit Shah asks 6 questions to opposition over EVM row
- Lifestyle 15 Best Fruits For Diabetes Patients
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Technology Mumbai Police's latest Twitter post once again broke the internet
- Finance Air India To Add Flights To Domestic And International Routes In June
- Sports Archer brings X-factor to England attack – Root
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
New India-spec 2019 Honda Civic sedan's spy pics have been leaked online. The sporty and premium product from Honda Car India will finally make a return after almost seven years, in February 2019. This is perhaps one of the most awaited launches in the D-segment sedan category of the Indian market.
The new Honda Civic first came to Indian shores at Auto Expo 2018, held back in February. Honda had to take an entire year to change it from a showcase model to the market version. In fact, it is one of the six new Honda models which were/are slated for an India-debut, in a span of three years.
This list includes the Amaze, CR-V, BR-V, a new hatchback, a petrol-hybrid and of course, the 2019 Honda Civic. The previous-generation petrol-powered Honda Civic was initially a success, but sales began to drop as the market wanted more diesel sedans.
Coming back to the new model, the 2019 Honda Civic test mule is heavily camouflaged and most of its design details are not visible. However, an expert can still make it out from its full-LED headlamp cluster and smooth-sloping roofline.
Other design features include the large 17-inch five-spoke alloy wheels and the subtle chrome treatment. Inside, the new Honda Civic will come with a host of electronic equipment in the form of infotainment and driving assists.
Engine choices will most likely include a 1.8-litre i-VTEC petrol and a 1.6-litre i-DTEC diesel unit. The petrol engine makes around 140bhp and 174Nm of torque, while the diesel engine is good for 120bhp and a strong 300Nm of torque. Transmission options include a six-speed manual or a CVT unit.
Once launched, it will rival the Skoda Octavia, upcoming Hyundai Elantra and the Toyota Corolla Altis. Expected prices are in the range Rs 14 – 18 lakh ex-showroom.
Thoughts On The New Honda Civic
When the previous-generation Civic was introduced in India, it was one of the coolest sub-25-lakh sedans you could buy. It came with all the equipment and style for its time, and had a huge fan following. The new Civic seems to be a bit more tamed and elegant. Nevertheless, the anticipation is still not low.
Source: NDTV Auto