- 1 hr ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 2 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 3 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 4 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
India's leading passenger vehicle manufacturer Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the new facelifted Ertiga MPV in the country. Autocar India reports that the new Ertiga will be launched in India in August 2018.
Maruti Suzuki was expected to showcase the new Ertiga at the Auto Expo 2018, but that did not happen.
The second-generation Maruti Ertiga has been internally codenamed as YHA and has been spotted testing on Indian roads. The spotted model was heavily disguised, but it has revealed some details about the new-gen Ertiga in the making.
The report states that the new Maruti Ertiga facelift will be longer and wider as compared to the currently sold model. Maruti has increased the rear overhang to make more space for the third-row seat. The additional space will also enhance the boot space.
With the larger rear overhang, the new Maruti Ertiga facelift gets a raked rear windscreen which also enhances the looks of the MPV. The new Ertiga is also expected to get newly designed alloy wheels and a beltline running across the body.
The front end of the new Maruti Ertiga will feature a more upright nose, a newly designed grille and revamped bumper. The new-gen Maruti Ertiga will be spacious, practical and even more competitive with the increased cabin space.
The new Maruti Ertiga is likely to draw power from the existing 1.4-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engine. The diesel unit also comes with a mild hybrid technology which improves the fuel efficiency. Maruti might also introduce an all-new 1.5-litre diesel engine.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The New Maruti Ertiga Facelift
The new facelifted Maruti Ertiga will feature a revamped exterior design which will be more premium as compared to the outgoing model. With the MPV segment growing in India, the new Ertiga will be a crucial product for Maruti Suzuki.
The new Maruti Ertiga is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 6.5 lakh to Rs 11 lakh. When launched in India, the new Ertiga will rival the likes of Mahindra's upcoming MPV which is likely to be unveiled soon.