- 11 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 11 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 13 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 13 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Technology Buying Guide: Best Smartphones under Rs 8,000
- Movies PM Narendra Modi Movie Review: The Bland Storytelling Will Make You Chant 'No More' To The Film!
- Lifestyle Rakulpreet's Latest Attire For A Movie Promotion Deserves All Your Attention
- News The Congress scored a 0 in these 16 states/UTs
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
India's leading passenger vehicle manufacturer Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the new facelifted Ertiga MPV in the country. Autocar India reports that the new Ertiga will be launched in India in August 2018.
Maruti Suzuki was expected to showcase the new Ertiga at the Auto Expo 2018, but that did not happen.
The second-generation Maruti Ertiga has been internally codenamed as YHA and has been spotted testing on Indian roads. The spotted model was heavily disguised, but it has revealed some details about the new-gen Ertiga in the making.
The report states that the new Maruti Ertiga facelift will be longer and wider as compared to the currently sold model. Maruti has increased the rear overhang to make more space for the third-row seat. The additional space will also enhance the boot space.
With the larger rear overhang, the new Maruti Ertiga facelift gets a raked rear windscreen which also enhances the looks of the MPV. The new Ertiga is also expected to get newly designed alloy wheels and a beltline running across the body.
The front end of the new Maruti Ertiga will feature a more upright nose, a newly designed grille and revamped bumper. The new-gen Maruti Ertiga will be spacious, practical and even more competitive with the increased cabin space.
The new Maruti Ertiga is likely to draw power from the existing 1.4-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engine. The diesel unit also comes with a mild hybrid technology which improves the fuel efficiency. Maruti might also introduce an all-new 1.5-litre diesel engine.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The New Maruti Ertiga Facelift
The new facelifted Maruti Ertiga will feature a revamped exterior design which will be more premium as compared to the outgoing model. With the MPV segment growing in India, the new Ertiga will be a crucial product for Maruti Suzuki.
The new Maruti Ertiga is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 6.5 lakh to Rs 11 lakh. When launched in India, the new Ertiga will rival the likes of Mahindra's upcoming MPV which is likely to be unveiled soon.