- 4 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra TUV300 Plus Spied Testing Ahead Of Its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Introduces Service Campaign With Added Benefits: Valid Till 31st December
- 6 hrs ago Ola Self Drive Service Launched In Bangalore Called The ‘Ola Drive’
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj-Triumph Products Will Export From India To International Market
- Sports ISL 2019-20: ATK building a legacy with focus on youth
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 18 LIVE Updates: Bigg Boss Shocks Contestants And Announces The Dreaded ‘Jail’
- News Kartarpur Corridor: Reached agreement on all issues, except service fee, says MEA
- Technology Nokia 110 2019 Feature Phone Launched In India For Rs. 1,599
- Travel How To Choose The Right Travel Insurance Policy
- Lifestyle 8 Popular Facial Oil Myths Busted For You!
- Education HTET Preparation Tips To Crack Exam In One Month
- Finance Tata Motors Shares Spike 13% As UK Strikes New Brexit Deal
Maruti Suzuki plans to introduce a petrol variant of the Vitara Brezza – one of the most popular compact-SUVs on the market. With a starting price of Rs 7.28 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi), the Maruti Vitara Brezza is currently available only in a diesel format. The 1.3-litre DDiS unit makes 89bhp and 200Nm of torque, and returns a good fuel-efficiency of 24.3km/l (ARAI-claimed).
Though the diesel-powered Brezza is a decent performer for its price and dimensions, many are still waiting for the petrol variant of the compact-SUV. In fact, its competition which includes the Ford EcoSport, Honda WR-V and Tata Nexon, come with a petrol variant.
The Vitara Brezza is a good-looking product from Maruti Suzuki and has all the essential features and equipment on the inside. The newly-introduced Vitara Brezza AMT doing well on the market and was introduced with some new colour schemes and blacked-out elements.
Interior space is not that bad for its sub-four-metre real estate. It offers decent headroom too. The compact dimensions and high ground clearance further make the Vitara Brezza, an ideal choice for Indian roads.
As per reports, the new Maruti Brezza petrol will be powered by the all-new 1.5-litre K15 engine that was introduced in the new Maruti Ertiga. The engine makes 103bhp and 138Nm of torque, while mated to a five-speed manual or 'AGS' AMT.
Initially, the Brezza petrol was expected to come with the 1.0-litre turbocharged Boosterjet engine which powers the newBaleno RS. This powertrain, in combination with the light body, would make the Maruti Vitara Brezza a fun-to-drive performer.
The petrol avatars of the Tata Nexon and Ford EcoSport (S variant) come with turbocharged engines that showcase good driveability. Hence, the Boosterjet engine should be the more ideal choice for the Brezza petrol.
The Maruti Brezza currently comes in a front-wheel-drive format. Although chances are very much low, an all-wheel-drive Brezza would be an interestingchoice. It could be sold as a premium product from Maruti Suzuki, exclusively through Nexa outlets.
Thoughts On A Possible Maruti Vitara Brezza Petrol
To sum up, the Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol is something which the Indian market really desires to have. It won't sell as much as the diesel variant, but the rising demand for petrol cars in the country would give it some sales traction.