- 16 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 18 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 19 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 20 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- News Meet AIMIM's Imtiaz Jaleel, first MP elected to Parliament from Maharashtra in 15 years
- Sports Bayern Munich 3 RB Leipzig 0: Lewandowski's brace helps secure domestic double
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki plans to introduce a petrol variant of the Vitara Brezza – one of the most popular compact-SUVs on the market. With a starting price of Rs 7.28 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi), the Maruti Vitara Brezza is currently available only in a diesel format. The 1.3-litre DDiS unit makes 89bhp and 200Nm of torque, and returns a good fuel-efficiency of 24.3km/l (ARAI-claimed).
Though the diesel-powered Brezza is a decent performer for its price and dimensions, many are still waiting for the petrol variant of the compact-SUV. In fact, its competition which includes the Ford EcoSport, Honda WR-V and Tata Nexon, come with a petrol variant.
The Vitara Brezza is a good-looking product from Maruti Suzuki and has all the essential features and equipment on the inside. The newly-introduced Vitara Brezza AMT doing well on the market and was introduced with some new colour schemes and blacked-out elements.
Interior space is not that bad for its sub-four-metre real estate. It offers decent headroom too. The compact dimensions and high ground clearance further make the Vitara Brezza, an ideal choice for Indian roads.
As per reports, the new Maruti Brezza petrol will be powered by the all-new 1.5-litre K15 engine that was introduced in the new Maruti Ertiga. The engine makes 103bhp and 138Nm of torque, while mated to a five-speed manual or 'AGS' AMT.
Initially, the Brezza petrol was expected to come with the 1.0-litre turbocharged Boosterjet engine which powers the newBaleno RS. This powertrain, in combination with the light body, would make the Maruti Vitara Brezza a fun-to-drive performer.
The petrol avatars of the Tata Nexon and Ford EcoSport (S variant) come with turbocharged engines that showcase good driveability. Hence, the Boosterjet engine should be the more ideal choice for the Brezza petrol.
The Maruti Brezza currently comes in a front-wheel-drive format. Although chances are very much low, an all-wheel-drive Brezza would be an interestingchoice. It could be sold as a premium product from Maruti Suzuki, exclusively through Nexa outlets.
Thoughts On A Possible Maruti Vitara Brezza Petrol
To sum up, the Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol is something which the Indian market really desires to have. It won't sell as much as the diesel variant, but the rising demand for petrol cars in the country would give it some sales traction.