- 9 hrs ago Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- 10 hrs ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings Cross The 17000 Mark — India Loves The Korean Bestseller
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Unveils 2020 Superb — Tech Overload
- Technology Best smartphones with fingerprint sensor available under Rs. 5,000
- Sports World Cup Warm-Up: Young Hashmatullah stars as Afghanistan stun Pakistan in a thriller
- News Delhi weather: Dry weather likely in capital, Heat to ramp up next week
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif's Floral Dress Makes For A Perfect Travel Dress
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Indian automaker Mahindra has unveiled its new off-road SUV, the Roxor in the United States. The Roxor is an off-roader and not a road-legal vehicle. The Mahindra Roxor will be soon retailed at a starting price of $ 15,000 or approximately Rs 10 lakh in the US market.
The Roxor SUV will be manufactured at Mahindra's Auburn Hills manufacturing plant near Detroit, Michigan. The Roxor will be sold under Mahindra North America or MANA in the US market. The Mahindra Roxor is based on the Thar SUV but features a host of changes.
The Mahindra Roxor features a new front end which is completely different from the Thar. The Roxor is a vehicle with minimalistic body panels and does not get doors and a hard top. Mahindra will target the Roxor in the side-by-side off-road vehicle segment in the US.
The interior of the Roxor is also minimalistic with a steel dashboard as opposed to the plastic dashboard of the Thar. The off-road SUV gets single gauge instrument cluster, and the centre console gets cup holders. The Roxor gets two seats at the front with a grab handle for the passenger.
The Mahindra Roxor draws power from a 2.5-litre four-cylinder, turbocharged diesel engine producing 62bhp. The engine is mated to a manual gearbox along with a conventional manual four-wheel-drive shifter.
The Roxor will be offered with several accessories such as off-road wheels, heavy-duty winches, light bars and much more. It is also a highly customisable vehicle with a whopping 900 colour and wraps options. The Roxor will also get a range of customised seats to attract the buyers.
Talking about the manufacturing of Roxor, the off-road SUV will be a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) product in the US. The kits will be exported from India. The Mahindra Roxor will be sold through the company's powersport dealerships in the US market.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Mahindra Roxor
The Mahindra Roxor is an off-road SUV built for the US market. The Roxor is based on the Thar but gets a complete overhaul to make it a hardcore off-road vehicle. And with a bunch of accessories and a ton of customising options, it will be an attractive package for an off-road enthusiast. The Roxor is unlikely to come to India as it is not a road-legal vehicle.