- 10 hrs ago Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- 11 hrs ago TVS Riding Gear & Causal Apparel Launched In India: We Have All The Details
- 13 hrs ago Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 15 hrs ago KTM Duke 250 Finance Options On Offer: Low Interest Rate & Exchange Bonus Offered Across India
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Lifestyle Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
Indian automaker Mahindra has unveiled its new off-road SUV, the Roxor in the United States. The Roxor is an off-roader and not a road-legal vehicle. The Mahindra Roxor will be soon retailed at a starting price of $ 15,000 or approximately Rs 10 lakh in the US market.
The Roxor SUV will be manufactured at Mahindra's Auburn Hills manufacturing plant near Detroit, Michigan. The Roxor will be sold under Mahindra North America or MANA in the US market. The Mahindra Roxor is based on the Thar SUV but features a host of changes.
The Mahindra Roxor features a new front end which is completely different from the Thar. The Roxor is a vehicle with minimalistic body panels and does not get doors and a hard top. Mahindra will target the Roxor in the side-by-side off-road vehicle segment in the US.
The interior of the Roxor is also minimalistic with a steel dashboard as opposed to the plastic dashboard of the Thar. The off-road SUV gets single gauge instrument cluster, and the centre console gets cup holders. The Roxor gets two seats at the front with a grab handle for the passenger.
The Mahindra Roxor draws power from a 2.5-litre four-cylinder, turbocharged diesel engine producing 62bhp. The engine is mated to a manual gearbox along with a conventional manual four-wheel-drive shifter.
The Roxor will be offered with several accessories such as off-road wheels, heavy-duty winches, light bars and much more. It is also a highly customisable vehicle with a whopping 900 colour and wraps options. The Roxor will also get a range of customised seats to attract the buyers.
Talking about the manufacturing of Roxor, the off-road SUV will be a CKD (Completely Knocked Down) product in the US. The kits will be exported from India. The Mahindra Roxor will be sold through the company's powersport dealerships in the US market.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On The Mahindra Roxor
The Mahindra Roxor is an off-road SUV built for the US market. The Roxor is based on the Thar but gets a complete overhaul to make it a hardcore off-road vehicle. And with a bunch of accessories and a ton of customising options, it will be an attractive package for an off-road enthusiast. The Roxor is unlikely to come to India as it is not a road-legal vehicle.