- 3 hrs ago Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- 4 hrs ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings Cross The 17000 Mark — India Loves The Korean Bestseller
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Unveils 2020 Superb — Tech Overload
- News 2019 Lok Sabha election results: UP alone sends six Muslim MPs to Parliament, none from the BJP
- Sports Boxing: Mary Kom, Shiva Thapa dominate finals as Amit Panghal fights his way to gold at 2nd India Open
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Flawless At amfAR Gala 2019?
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Technology Oppo K3 vs other mid-range smartphones with 6GB RAM
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Ford plans not to launch any new cars in the Indian market till 2020. The American car manufacturer has also decided to slow down hiring in India, while also doing away with one of the two annual increments.
Ford India is said to be working towards aggressive cost-cutting measures, to realise profits. For now, all future product introductions will be through the joint development between Ford and Mahindra.
According to TOI, Ford India will also be moving from their corporate office in Cyber City, Gurgaon to a relatively smaller location in the same city. This is to further help them reduce the rental costs of their current office. Ford will also be shifting a large number of its employees to Chennai.
A spokesperson from Ford has stated, "The focus on driving competitive costs is important to ensure operational fitness. We are reducing material and structural costs to ensure we use our capital in areas that customers appreciate and value."
He further added, "Each and every position is being evaluated thoroughly. There are positions in many departments which are vacant." However, the spokesperson did mention that hiring will still be done at the company's engineering and technology centre in Chennai.
Ford India sales have reportedly been flat all-through last year. Although, the company did perform well in the export market. The export market for Ford India grew to USD 3.4 billion (approximately Rs 22,393 crore) in revenues in 2017-18, against the USD 2.8 billion (approximately Rs 19,385 crore) Rs in the previous year.
The company in 2017, registered a marginal one percent increase at 87,588 units in sales in the domestic market, as compared to exports which grew by 15 percent to 1,75,196 units.
Thoughts On Ford In India
India is said to be one of the most promising car markets in the world. However, Ford is still facing declining sales in the market. The company recorded just 33 percent of its overall revenue from the Indian market while performing exceedingly well in exports. This is a raising concern for Ford in India.