- 12 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 5-Year/1-Lakh Warranty Scheme Announced For Select Diesel Models
- 18 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 20 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 20 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Movies Jacqueline Fernandez Demanded This WHOPPING Amount For 'Saaho' Bad Boy Song?
- Finance Rupee Pares Opening Gains; Trades Lower At 71.57
- News After primary, selected middle schools in Kashmir to open from today
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Preview: Tamil Thalaivas host table toppers Jaipur Pink Panthers
- Technology Redmi Note 8 With 64MP Quad Camera Setup Confirmed To Launch On August 29
- Lifestyle What Happens To Your Body When You Fly And How To Prepare For It
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Ferrari has unveiled its latest convertible model, the 488 Pista Spider. The car has been unveiled at Pebble Beach Golf Course in California. The Ferrari 488 Pista Spider is also the 50th convertible model to be built by the Italian supercar manufacturer.
The Ferrari 488 Pista Spider, is similar to its coupe version in most ways, except for a few changes. The most noticeable being the drop-down hard roof. Another new addition to the modelis the new 20-inch diamond-finish alloy wheels, designed with a 10-spoke star effect.
The Ferrari 488 Pista Spider unveiled, came in a white colour scheme, with blue racing stripes running across the length of the car. Ferrari executives stated that the unveil of the spider in theUS was a natural choice, as North America has always recorded the highest number of ‘high-performance convertible' car sales, since the 1950s.
Besides the exterior noticeable changes, such as the folding roof, the wheels and the paint scheme, most of the other features remain the same as on the coupe. The car comes with LaFerrari-style carbon outcropping for the launch control button. The 488 Pista spider also features all the driving modes and dynamic traction control settings as seen on the coupe.
The new Ferrari 488 Pista Spider, however, is heavier than the coupe by 90kg. This is mainly due to the drop-down roof mechanism and other structural changes to strengthen the chassis.
To compensate this gain in weight, Ferrari now offers optional single-piece carbon-fibre racing wheels. These optional wheels offer a 20 per cent weight reduction over the standard forged alloy wheels. The 488 Pista spider also misses out on proper door handles and floor carpets. Instead, the car comes with door straps and a patterned aluminium footplate, respectively.
The 488 Pista Spider also features Ferrari's ‘Dynamic Enhancer'. This is a new lateral dynamic control setup, which helps offer more control and predictability when the car is put to its limits.
The Ferrari 488 Pista Spider comes powered by the three-time ‘Engine of the Year' award-winning V8 power unit. The 3.9-litre twin-turbo unit is the most powerful Ferrari V8 ever to be produced. It produces a maximum of 720bhp, along with 770Nm of peak torque.
The 488 Pista spider offers performance figures, similar to the coupe. 0 - 100km/h comes in 2.85 seconds, with the car reaching a top speed of 320km/h. However, due to convertible mechanism, the aerodynamics have been slightly tweaked. This results in 0 -200km/h timing of 8 seconds, 0.4 seconds slower than the coupe.
Thoughts On The Ferrari 488 Pista Spider
The Ferrari 488 Pista Spider, with the 720bhp V8, is the most powerful convertible offering from the supercar brand. The car will be a limited edition model, with orders having started. Prices for the new convertible is yet to be announced.