- 10 hrs ago Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- 11 hrs ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- 12 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings Cross The 17000 Mark — India Loves The Korean Bestseller
- 12 hrs ago Skoda Unveils 2020 Superb — Tech Overload
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Technology Best smartphones with fingerprint sensor available under Rs. 5,000
- Sports World Cup Warm-Up: Young Hashmatullah stars as Afghanistan stun Pakistan in a thriller
- News Delhi weather: Dry weather likely in capital, Heat to ramp up next week
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif's Floral Dress Makes For A Perfect Travel Dress
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
In the car sales report of August 2018, the new Maruti Ciaz has performed really well compared to its competition. In fact, Maruti Suzuki sold 7002 units of the Maruti Ciaz compared to 3361 and 2822 units of the Hyundai Verna and Honda City, respectively. Or in other words, the facelifted Ciaz sold more numbers than its competitors' combined.
Last month saw a slight slump in automotive sales in general due to the severe floods which affected Kerala — an important market for major automotive manufacturers in India. However, Maruti Suzuki still managed to sell a significant amount of units in the C-segment sedan category with the new Ciaz.
The new Maruti Ciaz was launched last month at a starting price of Rs 8.19 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The facelifted version of the flagship sedan from the Indian brand comes with a lot of new updates and features (minor cosmetics included), enclosed in an elegant package.
The main highlight of the new 2018 Maruti Ciaz is,of course, the all-new K15 petrol engine. The 1.5-litre petrol unit features the brand's mild hybrid technology, dubbed as SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki), just as on the diesel variant. The system is capable of regenerative braking.
The engine makes 103bhp and 138Nm of torque. It comes mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 4-speed automatic transmission. The mild hybrid system is capable of regenerative braking too.
As for the diesel variant, the new Ciaz uses the existing 1.3-litre unit which makes 88bhp and 200Nm of torque. It is available mated only to a 5-speed manual.
Regarding the changes compared to the older model, the new Maruti Ciaz comes with subtle cosmetic updates; LED elements and new wheels being the main additions. The interiors have been made more ‘plush' with wooden panels, beige/black dual-tone theme and leather seats.
The revised instrument console showcases a modern design. The 4.2-inch TFT display at the centre shows a miniature real-time analytics of the mild hybrid system.
Though sales report might not exactly reveal which model is better than the other, it does show which car the majority wants. In another recent analysis, the new Maruti Dzire came down in sales due to the Honda Amaze.
Thoughts On Maruti Ciaz Facelift Beating Hyundai Verna & Honda City In Sales
The new Maruti Ciaz is quite a good offering on the sedan market. Prior to its launch, the old-generation Ciaz was facing extremely low sales due to the lack of enough equipment on the inside. However, the high sales figures have proved that the facelifted Ciaz offers quite a lot for the average Indian buyer. In addition to this, the Hyundai Verna and Honda City aren't any bad either.