- 1 hr ago Hyundai Venue To Be Offered With iMT Clutchless Manual Transmission In India
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago All-New 2020 Fifth-Generation Honda City To Launch On July 15 In India
- 3 hrs ago Renault Kiger Snapped Testing Once Again Before Its India Launch
- Movies Ajay Bhupathi Files Cyber Crime Case Against Fraudster For Using His Name To Dupe Aspiring Actresses
- News Let us code for Aatmanirbhar Bharat, PM Modi says in push for home grown apps
- Sports Aavishkar Salvi named head coach of Puducherry cricket team
- Finance IT Dept Makes Changes To Challan For Non-Resident E-Commerce Companies
- Technology iQOO Z1x 5G Set To Debut On July 9: Another Mid-Range Gaming Handset?
- Lifestyle 7 Interesting Things That May Happen On The Next Day Of Your Marriage
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Bringing an era to an end, General Motors announced that it would stop selling cars in India after May 2017.
The American carmaker had earlier lined up several cars for the Indian market before it decided to stop their operations. Among the cars that were expected to be offered in the country was the next-generation Chevrolet Cruze sedan and the new Spin MPV.
Recently, the new Chevrolet Cruze and the Spin MPV was spied testing in India. However, both the new Cruze sedan and the Spin MPV are not for the Indian market, but for exports to other countries.
The new-generation Chevrolet Cruze is underpinned by an all-new platform reducing the weight of the new Cruze by 113kg. The weight reduction helps the Cruze to be more efficient as well as improving the performance of the sedan.
The 2018 Chevrolet Cruze looks sharper and chiselled compared to the outgoing model. The next-generation Cruze features new tech and equipment such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with the touchscreen infotainment system.
The new-generation Chevrolet Cruze is offered with a 1.4-litre petrol engine for the global markets and safety features include multiple airbags, ABS, EBD, ESP, traction control among others.
The new Spin MPV receives changes to its front fascia with new headlamps and receives a new front grille which looks similar to the Chevrolet Sail hatchback which was on sale in India.
While GM decided not to sell cars in India, the company will continue to manufacture vehicles in the country for export. This emphasises that India continues to be one of the best markets to manufacture four-wheelers for other nations.