- 13 hrs ago New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- 15 hrs ago New Nissan Compact-SUV World Premiere Date Revealed: Upcoming B-SUV Concept To Rival Hyundai Venue
- 17 hrs ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 19 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- News Rajasthan crisis: Sachin Pilot, his loyalists likely to skip second CLP meeting today, say Reports
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Notebook 14 Horizon Edition Review After One-Month Usage
- Finance Nifty Trades Lower, Banking Stocks Drop
- Sports West Indies were fuelled by power of Black Lives Matter movement: Darren Sammy
- Lifestyle A Suitable Boy Actress Rasika Dugal’s Party Outfits Will Help You Steal The Limelight
- Movies Sara Ali Khan’s Driver Tests Positive For COVID-19, Actress And Family Test Negative
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
American automaker Chevrolet is readying its new mid-engined Corvette. The car has been spotted testing several times in 2016.
Now, Automotive News reports that the mid-engined Chevrolet Corvette will make its debut in January 2018. The report also states that Chevrolet will make an announcement on the new Corvette at the Detroit Auto Show in 2018.
General Motors is tight-lipped about the technical details of the new mid-engined Corvette. It is likely to draw power from a 4-litre V8 engine with dual clutch transmission. The car will also have a shorter wheelbase compared to the front engine model.
On the design front, the mid-engined Corvette will have a shorter bonnet and wider mid section to accommodate the engine behind the driver. All the components will be new as the layout of the powertrain is completely different to the front engine variant.
Currently, the Corvette is offered with front engine rear-wheel-drive setup. The top-of-the-range model draws power from a 6.2-litre supercharged V8 engine churning out 650bhp and 650Nm of torque.
The transmission options include a 7-speed manual and an 8-speed automatic gearbox with paddle shifters. The Corvette is available in both coupe and convertible body forms.
Currently, the Chevrolet Corvette is in its seventh generation. The American automaker has been testing the mid-engined Corvette for quite some time. And in 2018 the new iteration of the car will be revealed. The mid-engined Corvette will take on the likes of McLaren, Lamborghini and Ferrari.