- 12 hrs ago 2020 TVS Apache RR310 Review: From Race-Track To The Roads!
- 13 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol Model Likely To Launch Next Year In India: Will It Be The Brand’s Fourth Model?
- 15 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz EQC India Launch Timeline Announced: To Arrive Next Month
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Range Rover & Range Rover Sport Prices Announced: Starts At Rs 88.24 Lakh
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati Lottery Message Promising 25 Lakh On Whatsapp Messenger Is Fake
- Sports Rohit Sharma pats Kieron Pollard, Ishan Kishan for keeping Mumbai Indians in the match
- News Sonia Gandhi urges Congress-ruled states to pass laws to negate central farm acts
- Finance RBI May Hold MPC Meet As Early As Next Week
- Lifestyle World Heart Day 2020: Best Foods To Prevent The Risk Of Heart Diseases In Diabetics
- Technology Oppo Reno4 F Officially Teased; Launch Set For October, 2020
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Check Provisional Answer Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV) celebrates the fifth anniversary of the market launch of BharatBenz trucks.
Since September 2012, the brand has advanced despite adverse conditions and has delivered more than 55,000 trucks to customers across India.
In 2017, DCIV aims to achieve significant growth with BharatBenz. For the first time, the company achieved a double-digit market share in recent months, based on the strong momentum gained with the BS-IV transition.
DCIV has also decided to add a second shift at its truck plant in Oragadam near Chennai. The increase in the output will also cater the growth of the export business of the company.
To commemorate its fifth anniversary in the Indian market, BharatBenz handed over its first Euro-V ready medium-duty trucks to customers. In line with the Euro-V emissions standard, nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions are reduced by more than 40 percent compared to BS-IV.
Head of Daimler Trucks Asia, Marc Llistosella said, "In just five years, we have firmly established BharatBenz as an aspirational brand in the world's toughest commercial vehicle market. We thank our loyal customers and partners for making this unprecedented ramp-up happen with us."
Managing Director and CEO, Daimler India Commercial Vehicles, Erich Nesselhauf said, "We continue on our sustainable growth track with BharatBenz. Customer demand has been particularly strong in the 16-49 tonnes segment, further extending our position as the clear number three in heavy-duty trucks."
BharatBenz entered the Indian market in September 2012. The brand achieved its first milestone by delivering 10,000 trucks in April 2014. The company was also ahead of its competitors during the transition from BS-III to BS-IV.