- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Technology Week 40, 2020 Launch Roundup: Redmi 9i, LG WING, Moto E7 Plus, Realme 7i, Sony Xperia 5 II And More
- Sports Controversial umpiring decision mars Delhi Capitals' win over Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2020
- Education Schools Reopen In India Latest News, Check State-wise List
- Movies The Kapil Sharma Show: Renuka Shahane Walk Fans Through Her Love Story With Ashutosh Rana
- News Ladakh row: Corps Commander talks on Monday; Army strengthens dominance in over 20 strategic height
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amid Pandemic, Rahul Mishra’s Lotus Pond Collection Exudes A Soothing Effect
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Ashok Leyland today launched the Dost+ in Bangalore at a starting price of Rs 5,68,360 (ex-showroom, Bangalore). The Dost+ is the latest commercial vehicle to be launched by Ashok Leyland, and is targeted at customers in the upper end of the Small Commercial Vehicle segment in India.
The Dost+ is based on its sibling - the Ashok Leyland Dost - with which, the Chennai based commercial vehicle manufacturer first entered the new Light Commercial Vehicle segment. The Dost+ is just more capable and better equipped to haul heavier loads.
Being based on the Dost platform, the Dost+ is also powered by the same 1.5-litre TDCR engine with a maximum power output of 60bhp and a peak torque output of 170Nm, which is more than sufficient to haul around the loads it has been designed for. Ashok Leyland also claims best in class fuel efficiency for the Dost+.
The Ashok Leyland Dost+ is capable of hauling 18 percent more than the Dost and the suspension has been strengthened to handle the extra weight. The vehicle still is suspended by leaf springs, but now has more leaf springs than the Dost. The 14-inch steel wheels have been replaced by 15-inchers.
The Dost+ would appeal to those who require a vehicle to haul larger loads while still using a small vehicle. The Dost+ measures 2645mm long and 1620mm wide making it perfect for lugging loads across crowded urban areas as well as small rural roads.
The Dost+ has been launched with an additional warranty of two years/ one lakh kilometres, giving its customers confidence and peace of mind. With the launch of the Dost+, Ashok Leyland will be able to address the needs of the 2 to 3.5 Tonne Gross Vehicle Weight segment, as it already has the Dost in its product portfolio.
With the Dost+, customers can choose between three colours - White, Irish Cream and Grey-Beige. Three variants have been made available, with the top-spec variant featuring air-conditioning, power steering and dual-tone interiors.
Ashok Leyland is a major player in the commercial vehicle segment in India with a market share of nearly 40 percent. The co-existence of the Dost and Dost+ in their LCV lineup now, is a plus point for the company, as they can now comfortably look at a bigger share in the small commercial vehicle segment. Customers can also benefit from this, as they would have more earnings per kilometer.