- 4 hrs ago BigRock Dirtpark Trail Attack Challenge 2020: A Race Weekend With The Royal Enfield Himalayan
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Thar Price Increase Expected In The Next Few Days: Here Are All Details
- 8 hrs ago IIT Madras Campus To Get e-Bus From Ashok Leyland Powered By Hitachi ABB Power Grids
- 13 hrs ago Top Car Launches In December 2020: Here Is The Entire List Of Cars Going On Sale In The Coming Weeks
- News Govt invites protesting farmers for next round of talks at Vigyan Bhawan today
- Sports Uncertainty prevails over T20 WC in India due to COVID, could be shifted to UAE: PCB
- Movies Bellbottom Casting Director Refutes Reports Of Rape Accused Ayush Tewari’s Association With Film
- Lifestyle COVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- Finance MOSL Gives An ‘Accumulate' Call On This Refinery Stock; Target Price Rs. 2400
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
- Technology Vi Revises Entry Level Family Postpaid Plans
- Education COMEDK UGET 2020 Seat Allotment Result Declared At comedk.org
Chevrolet has taken the wraps off its fastest and most powerful production Corvette ever, the Corvette ZR1. General Motors chose the 2017 Dubai International Motor Show to unveil the last generation of the C7 generation Corvette.
The new Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 is powered by an exclusive 6.2-litre supercharged V8 engine capable of 754bhp and 970Nm of torque and a top speed of more than 210mph (338kph). The previous ZR1 from 2009 left quite an impression with its 637bhp, eight years later, the Corvette team have extensively worked on a worthy successor.
The fourth-generation Corvette ZR1 features several more aggressive design cues compared to the Corvette Z06, including a more chiselled hood, more massive and lower air intakes grilles above a more obvious splitter and an extensive rear spoiler.
While a 7-speed manual gearbox will be standard, for the first time, the Corvette ZR1 will be offered with an optional 8-speed, paddle shift automatic gearbox.
Chevrolet is offering two aero packages: a standard rear Low Wing, which produces the highest top speed and improves up to 70 percent more downforce than the Z06's base aero package.
The second package is a two-way-adjustable High Wing that allows maximum downforce on the track for the quickest lap times thanks to about 60 percent more downforce than the Z06 with an available Z07 performance package. Additionally, all models feature a first for Chevrolet - downforce-enhancing front underwing.
"As the highest-performing Corvette ever, the ZR1's design supports its capability in every way," said Kirk Bennion, exterior design manager on the car. "The new wings, for example, help generate more downforce without adding drag, enhancing road holding and top speed."
Thanks to a new and more-efficient inter-cooled supercharger system that offers 52 percent more displacement compared to the Z06's LT4 supercharger. The engine features GM's first dual fuel injection system, which employs a primary direct injection and supplemental port injection.
The new Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 is expected to go on sale mid-2018 in the US market.
Chevrolet feels they can surpass some of the fastest production cars with the Corvette ZR1. Well, on paper the performance figures suggest that the ZR1 will be the fastest, but we need to wait till we find out how it behaves on the road.
Trending On DriveSpark: