TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
The Hyundai Eon's distributor in Philippines has claimed that the small car will offer a mileage of 26.3kmpl! Hyundai Motors India has only claimed that the Eon will deliver a mileage of 21.1kmpl. However, Hyundai Asia Resources, from Philippines has said the Eon will can run for 26.3 kilometres per litre of petrol in the economy test conducted in Phillipines.
The Eon being launched in Philippines is powered by the same 800cc engine found in the Indian variant. The engine is capable of generating 55bhp and 75Nm of torque. The Eon is Hyundai's latest attempt at increasing its market share in India.
It is quite surprising that the same car can deliver a much better mileage in a different country. Is it just the test conditions in Philippines that have helped the Eon? No one can really tell. But we would not mind if the Hyundai Eon can deliver the same kind of fuel economy in India too.
The Hyundai Eon was launched last year with the promise of delivering an affordable small car that is stylish, comfortable and efficient. The car received a warm welcome but Hyundai was not able to make a great dent in to Maruti Suzuki's sales. The Eon was launched at a time when small petrol cars were becoming less attractive when compared to compact diesel cars. The eon has now picked up pace and is now having an international presence too.
With features such as power windows, keyless entry and USB connectivity, Hyundai has managed to make the Eon quite attractive. The Eon is priced at Rs.5.21 lakhs and Rs.5.92 lakhs in Philippines.