- 11 min ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- 44 min ago Hyundai Venue Bookings Cross The 17000 Mark — India Loves The Korean Bestseller
- 1 hr ago Skoda Unveils 2020 Superb — Tech Overload
- 3 hrs ago Hero Launches Splendor Special Edition — It’s Been 25 Years Since The Splendor Was Introduced
- News TMC suspends Mukul Roy’s son Subhrangshu, son of BJP's Mukul Roy, for 6 years for anti-party comment
- Sports Indian women lose 0-4 to Korea in inconsequential 3rd match of hockey series
- Movies Prabhas Starrer Saaho's Rumours Have Been Busted; Are The Fans Disappointed?
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Flawless At amfAR Gala 2019?
- Finance Ashok Leyland's Q4 Profit Declines 12%; Board Declares Dividend
- Technology Oppo K3 vs other mid-range smartphones with 6GB RAM
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The Ford Figo, since its launch in India in 2010, has been the darling of drivers looking for a good handling car in the hatchback segment.
Ford recently launched the new Figo Sports Edition which promises to be a sportier and fun-to-drive version of the second-gen Figo which entered India in 2015.
But, are the design tweaks, and the new suspension setup worth the premium Ford is charging for the Figo Sports Edition? Read on to find out.
The new Ford Figo Sports Edition boasts of a set of aesthetic tweaks that help it stand out from the regular car.
Up front, the Figo Sports Edition features a black honeycomb version of Ford's trapezoidal grille. The smoked headlights add to the look.
Continuing with the blacked out theme, the ORVMs and the roof are painted black as well which gives the Figo Sports a dual tone look. Also new are the 15-inch black alloy wheels.
A decal runs across the side of the car, and it sports a bold black S as it nears the rear edge of the back doors. At the rear, the decal makes its way onto the bumper, but the biggest change comes in the form of the new roof-mounted spoiler.
The Ford Figo Sports Edition gets the all-black interiors from the Figo Titanium variant. The seats along with the gear lever cover and the leather wrapped steering wheel all sport red contrast double stitching.
The driver's seat is height-adjustable and the seats are quite comfortable even on long journeys. The rear seats offer a good amount of headroom and kneeroom.
The infotainment system on the Ford Figo Sports Edition supports Bluetooth along with AUX-in and USB connectivity.
The MyFord dock that sits on top of the infotainment display and allows drivers a unique solution for storing, mounting and chargingtheir phones or sat-nav system systems.
The engines on the Ford Figo Sports Edition are the same ones found on the regular car. The 1.2-litre petrol engine produces 87bhp and 112Nm of torque. The 1.5-litre diesel (the one we drove) kicks out 99bhp and 215Nm of torque which kicks in at just 1,750rpm.
Both engines come paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox. The engines are less frugal (18.12km/l and 24.29km/l) than the ones on the regular cars thanks to a 20-kilo increase in weight (wheels and tyres and the spoiler).
Part of the reason for the increase in weight is the reworked suspension setup. The configuration includes a beefier anti-roll bar up front and stiffer springs which are 10mm shorter as well.
Add in the wider 195/55-section tyres, and the Ford Figo Sports Edition feels a lot more planted, especially at high speeds. The new Figo Sports Edition also turns in a lot more sharper than the regular car.
While the suspension has become stiffer, it hasn't had an adverse affect on ride quality and the Figo Sports handles undulations quite well.
Dennis James Thinks!
Ford charges a Rs 50,000 premium for Sports Edition over the Figo Titanium variant. However, what may seem like minimal changes on paper, combine together on the road to make the Ford Figo Sports Edition a very compelling package.
If you're looking for a quick hatchback, that can go around a corner without any issues, and you are notlooking to hot hatch money, then the Ford Figo Sports Edition may just be the car for you.
Prices for the Ford Figo Sports Edition start at Rs 6.31 lakh for the petrol variant and Rs 7.31 lakh for the diesel (both prices ex-showroom Delhi).
2017 Ford Figo Sports Edition Specifications
|Power||82bhp @ 6,300rpm||99bhp @3,750rpm|
|Torque||112Nm @ 4,000rpm||215Nm @ 1,750-3,000rpm|
|Gearbox||5-speed manual||5-speed manual|
2017 Ford Figo Sports Edition Dimensions