Tata Tiago NRG launched In India: Tata Motors has launched the new Tiago NRG crossover hatchback in the country. The new Tata Tiago NRG is launched with a starting price of Rs 5.49 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The Tiago NRG features cosmetic updates to make it look rugged as compared to the standard Tiago.
The Tata Tiago NRG is available in both the petrol and diesel variant. The petrol model is priced at Rs 5.49 lakh while the diesel model of the Tiago NRG carries a price tag of 6.31 lakh. Both prices are (introductory) ex-showroom (Delhi).
Tata Motors calls the Tiago NRG as an ‘Urban Toughroader'. The Tiago NRG features an armoured front-end design with blacked out grille and plastic cladding on the lower part of the bumper. The side profile of the cross-hatch features a unique squircle wheel arches which add to the butch look of the crossover.
Other prominent features on the exterior of the Tata Tiago NRG include a muscular finisher on the tailgate, rugged skid plate, 14-inch dual-tone alloy wheels and Infinity black roof, ORVMs and roof rails. Apart from that, the overall design of the Tiago NRG edition is identical to the standard variant of the hatchback. The ground clearance has been increased to 180mm.
The interior of the Tata Tiago NRG features an Active black theme with vibrant Canyon Orange highlights. The seats with body-hugging bolsters feature a unique denim inspired fabric. Other features include a 5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation and an eight-speaker music system.
The Tata Tiago NRG comes equipped with standard safety features such as dual front airbags, ABS, EBD, corner stability control, reverse parking assist, driver seat belt reminder, armoured body and cabin, smart rear wiper and follow-me headlamps.
The Tata Tiago NRG draws power from the same 1.2-litre Revotron petrol and 1.05-litre Revotorq diesel engine. The petrol engine produces 84bhp and 114Nm of torque and the diesel engine churns out 69bhp and 140Nm of torque. Both the engines are mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The Tata Tiago NRG
Tata Motors has introduced the new Tiago NRG edition, a rugged version of the Tiago hatchback. The Tiago NRG looks rugged and butch with the addition of new design elements. The Tata Tiago NRG rivals the likes of Maruti Celerio X and even the Ford Freestyle. Tata Motors has launched the Tiago NRG at the right time when the festive season has just begun in the country.
More TATA MOTORS News
- Tata Launches Service Connect App For Car Owners — Everything At One Place
- Tata Motors: No Truth In Jaguar Land Rover Sale to PSA Rumours
- Tata Altroz Base Variant Spotted Testing In India
- Tata Nexon Facelift Spotted Testing — BS-VI Engine Perhaps?
- Tata Altroz Diesel BS-VI Variant To Launch First — Still In The Small Engine Business
- Car Sales Report April 2019: Only Honda Survives Sales Slump
- Tata Harrier Sales In April 2019 — Beats Competition Two Months In A Row
- Tata Motors To End Production Of Small Diesel Cars As BS-VI Emissions Norms Kick In
- Tata Harrier Features Apple CarPlay — Tata’s First Official Update
- Tata Nexon Owner Fined For 'Not Wearing Helmet' In Kerala — Lunacy Or A Simple Mistake?
- Tata Flags Off SOUL International First Edition — Bhutan Via The North East
- Tata Altroz Spied Testing Yet Again Ahead Of Launch — Undergoes High Altitude Testing In Manali
- Tata Altroz May Be The Safest Hatchback In India — In Tata We Trust