Ducati and Diesel, two legendary Italian brands joined together to build exclusive Ducati Diavel Diesel. A limited run of 666 units will be produced with the Ducati-inspired clothing more widely available.
The new collaboration of these iconic brands was unveiled during the Milan Men's Fashion Week. The Ducati Diavel Diesel will be also showcased at the Motor Bike Expo in Italy, scheduled on January 20, 2017. The products will be available for the customers worldwide, starting from April this year.
The idea behind the development of this motorcycle is to combine elements of the past and future in a stylish way, more specifically by using the "hyper-kinetic dynamism" of a post-apocalyptic and retro-futuristic world.
Claudio Domenicali, CEO of Ducati Motor Holding, said, "The collaboration with Diesel enabled us to explore original stylistic and technical aspects whilst staying within the Ducati brand and fully respecting its values.
"In this case, we worked with Diesel on an already uniquely original bike like the Diavel and the result was surprising, to put it mildly. The details characterising the Diavel Diesel cannot fail to captivate connoisseurs of special bikes but also people from different walks of life, such as fashion. It's always stimulating for us to move outside the world of motorcycling and widen our brand's areas of interest."
The Ducati Diavel Diesel is a unique motorcycle and what makes it unique are;
- Tank cover in hand-brushed stainless steel with visible welding and rivets
- Front cowl and passenger saddle cover with visible welding and rivets
- Black lateral anodized air intakes with visible welding
- Lateral air intake covers in red methacrylate with the Diesel logo on the inside
- Red LCD dashboard
- Exhaust pipes with black Zircotec ceramic coating
- Black silencers with ends machined from solid
- Exclusive design leather saddle with DDD pyramid
- Numbered plate on frame
- Matte black front mudguard with DDD pyramid
- Rear-view mirrors with stem and cup machined from solid
- Red Brembo front brake callipers
- Chain with five red links
- Bike cover and rear stand supplied standard
The motorcycle uses the same 1198cc Testastretta DS engine as the regular Diavel. The motor produces 162bhp of power at 9,250rpm. The Diavel Diesel also get Ducati Safety Pack, ie, ABS & Ducati Traction Control.