A round-the-world trip is being organised by Ducati to celebrate their 90th anniversary. Only seven individuals have been selected for Ducati Globetrotters 90th. Vir Nakai of India has been selected for this historic ride around the world.
The riders will complete 30,000 kilometres in a relay like format. Ducati has formed a route that retraces the significant stages for the company. Riders will act like torchbearers riding and recording as the meet people and places along the route.
Vir Nakai is the first to ride Ducati's Multistrada 1200 Enduro motorcycle for the Ducati Globetrotters 90th. His journey commences from Borgo Panigale factory on July 4, 2016. Ducati Owners Club will escort Vir Nakai from Misano to Bologna, where every Ducati journey begins.
Ducati's seven globetrotters are:
- Vir Nakai of India, who will ride from Bologna to Moscow
- Steve Fraser of Australia, will take on the Trans-Siberian route
- Jessica Leyne of Belgium, will ride to Japan
- Eduardo Generali of Brazil, will ride from San Francisco to Indianapolis
- Samuel Bendall of the USA, will take over from Indianapolis to Lisbon
- Hugo Wilson from The UK, will head out from Lisbon to the Isle of Man
- Timo Schafer of Germany, will bring the bike back home from the Isle of Man to Bologna