UM Motorcycles Considering Manufacturing Engines In India

Written By:

UM Motorcycles is planning to fully localise its bikes in India as it looks to strengthen its presence in the country. The US-based UM International has a joint venture with Lohia Auto in India to sell its mid-engine capacity motorcycles.

Currently, the engine parts are sourced from different parts of the world and are assembled in India. Now, the company is investing Rs 50 crore to start manufacturing engines and make it highly localised.

UM Motorcycles said that the current level of localisation is 60 percent and the remaining 40 percent which is mostly engines is being imported. As of now, the company is considering either to outsource the manufacturing or to manufacture it in-house. The company will take the final call in the next three months.

UM Motorcycles offers the Renegade Commando and Renegade Sports both of which are in 300cc segment in India and are priced at Rs 1.49 lakh and 1.59 lakh respectively ex-showroom (Delhi). Plans are to launch the Renegade Classic in March 2017 and to launch a model every six months.

Click to compare, buy, and renew Car Insurance online

Buy InsuranceBuy Now

Read more on: #um motorcycles #auto news
Please Wait while comments are loading...

Latest Wallpapers