The pre-season testing at Valencia recently came to an end and all teams will be gearing up for their final testing sessions. All teams were trying to find the perfect balance with the new additions. Michelin tyres and an unified ECU system has put all riders and teams on the backfoot.
MotoGP officials took this moment to announce the confirmed 2016 Championship calendar. The final list is confirmed by both Dorna and the FIM for 2016. The 2016 MotoGP Championship will consist of 18 races with a single evening race in the calendar, which will be the very first race of the year.
Here is the 2016 MotoGP Calendar:
- March 20, 2016 - Qatar - Losail International Circuit
- April 3, 2016 - Argentina - Termas de Rio Hondo
- April 10, 2016 - Americas - Circuit Of The Americas
- April 24, 2016 - Spain - Circuito de Jerez
- May 8, 2016 - France - Le Mans
- May 22, 2016 - Italy - Autodromo del Mugello
- June 5, 2016 - Catalunya - Barcelona-Catalunya
- June 26, 2016 - Netherlands - TT Circuit Assen
- July 17, 2016 - Germany - Sachsenring
- August 14, 2016 - Austria - Red Bull Ring Spielberg
- August 21, 2016 - Czech Republic - Automotodrom Brno
- September 4, 2016 - Great Britain - Silverstone Circuit
- September 11, 2016 - San Marino - Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli
- September 25, 2016 - Aragon - MotorLand Aragon
- October 16, 2016 - Japan -Twin Ring Motegi
- October 23, 2016 - Australia - Phillip Island
- October 30, 2016 - Malaysia - Sepang International Circuit
- November 13, 2016 - Valencia - Ricardo Tormo
The 2016 MotoGP Championship is expected to be highly interesting as all teams have hit reset and almost all are on equal terms. Ducati and Suzuki seem to have made up a lot during pre-season testing. Yamaha and Honda still are the team to beat in 2016 as their riders are yet faster than the others.