The KTM MotoGP Team has confirmed that Bradley Smith and Pol Espargaro will be the official riders in the upcoming season. The duo are current teammates in Tech3 Yamaha team. Both Pol and Smith will be joining the KTM MotoGP Team together.
Currently, KTM has an extensive test rider line-up, and it seems unfortunate that none of them will ride the bike for the MotoGP competition. Randy de Puniet, Karel Abraham, Alex Hoffman and Mika Kallio are constantly testing the KTM machinery
Here is the rider line-up and teams for the 2017 MotoGP Championship:
- Movistar Yamaha - Valentino Rossi & Maverick Vinales
- Repsol Honda - Marc Marquez & Dani Pedrosa
- Ducati - Andrea Dovizioso & Jorge Lorenzo
- Ecstar Suzuki - Andrea Iannone & TBA
- Aprilia Racing Team Gresini - Sam Lowes & TBA
- KTM Racing Team - Bradley Smith & Pol Espargaro
- LCR Honda - Cal Crutchlow
- Tech3 Yamaha - Jonas Folger & TBA
*To Be Announced (TBA)
Satellite teams like Pramac Ducati, Aspar Ducati, Avintia Ducati, and Marc VDS are yet to confirm their rider line-up. At this moment, Johann Zarco and Alex Rins are contenders for a seat at Tech3 Yamaha. Alex Rins, however, is keen to take up the seat vacant in the Ecstar Suzuki team.
The fate of several riders has not been confirmed so far. The majority of the current riders will be retained; however, they could be part of a major reshuffle. The 2017 MotoGP Championship will be exciting with riders joining new teams and getting acquainted with their new machines.