Stage 8 of the 2016 Dakar Rally has come to an end was packed with true Dakar action. For example, nine time WRC Champion Sebastien Loeb, who took the lead in the initial stages of Dakar, managed to roll the Peugeot and drop down the overall ranking sheet.
The 2015 Dakar winner, Nasser Al-Attiyah managed to win stage 8 of the 2016 Rally and has moved up to the third position in the overall rankings. Despite the cras and sustaining heavy damages, Loeb managed to get the Peugeot fixed and finish the stage.
In the Motorcycle category, Australian KTM rider Toby Price finished first, followed by HRC rider, Paulo Goncalves in second. Stage 8 victory also put Toby Price on the top of the overall standings.
in the Quad category, Argentinian riders and brothers, Marcos and Alejandro Patronelli took the first and second place on Yamahas. The Truck category was won by Gerard De Rooy, who also leads the overall standings.
2016 Dakar Rally Stage 8 Results
1. Toby Price (AUS) KTM
2. Paulo Goncalves (PRT) Honda
3. Pablo Quintanilla (CHL) Husqvarna
1. Nasser Al-Attiyah (QAT) Mini
2. Carlos Sainz (ESP) Peugeot
3. Stephane Peterhansel (FRA) Peugeot
1. Marcos Patronelli (ARG) Yamaha
2. Alejandro Patronelli (ARG) Yamaha
3. Alexis Hernandez (PER) Yamaha
1. Gerard De Rooy (NLD) IVECO
2. Eduard Nikolaev (RUS) KAMAZ
3. Andrey Karginov (RUS) KAMAZ