The stage 7 of the 2016 Dakar Rally has concluded, with Spanish driver Carlos Sainz taking victory, ahead of his teammate, Sebastien Loeb, who finished stage 7 in second place. Finishing third was last year's Dakar Champion, Nasser Al-Attiyah in the Mini.
In the motorcycle category, Antoine Meo took his first stage win of Dakar 2016. The French rider, astride a KTM finished ahead of HRC's Kevin Benavides during stage 7. The third place went to Paulo Goncalves, who was awarded almost 11 minutes for helping KTM rider Matthias Walkner, after he met with a crash that left his femur broken.
The quad category saw Lucas Bonetto take the stage win in a Honda, putting an end to Yamaha's dominance. Bonetto was followed by Pablo Copetti in second, and Walter Nosiglia in third.
Eduard Nikolaev took stage 7 victory in the truck category, ahead of teammate Airat Mardeev.
Stage 7 of the 2016 Dakar Rally also recorded a spectator being killed on the spot, after a Mitsubishi Lancer crashed into a spectator. This was also the first death recorded in this year's Dakar Rally.
2016 Dakar Rally Stage 7 Results
1. Antoine Meo (FRA) KTM
2. Kevin Benavides (ARG) Honda
3. Paulo Goncalves (PRT) Honda
1. Lucas Bonetto (ARG) Honda
2. Pablo Copetti (ARG) Yamaha
3. Walter Nosiglia (BOL) Honda
1. Carlos Sainz (ESP) Peugeot
2. Sebastien Loeb (FRA) Peugeot
3. Nasser Al-Attiyah (QAT) Mini
1. Eduard Nikolaev (RUS) Kamaz
2. Airat Mardeev (RUS) Kamaz
3. Peter Versluis (NLD) MAN