Hero MotoCorp & Magneti Marelli Production & Development Inaugurated

Written By:

HMC-MM Auto Ltd., the Joint Venture (JV) between Hero MotoCorp Ltd. (HMCL) and Milan headquartered Magneti Marelli (MM), inaugurated its first autonomous ‘Production and Development Centre' at Manesar in the north Indian state of Haryana.

Pawan Munjal, the Vice-Chairman, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of Hero MotoCorp Ltd. and Eugenio Razelli, the Chief Executive Officer of Magneti Marelli, inaugurated the centre at a glittering ceremony attended by several dignitaries including senior company officials, key research & development executives and other associates.

The new centre will serve as a production facility and innovation hub to develop new-generation fuelling systems for HMCL two-wheelers. HMCL holds majority stake of 60 percent in "HMC-MM Auto Ltd" while Magneti Marelli holds the rest 40 per cent.

Speaking on the occasion, Pawan Munjal, said, "India is a growing participant in the global value chain, and is a place where companies can design, develop and manufacture innovative products efficiently. Hero's vision is to be a part of this global value chain. We have crafted an exciting vision - to use electronics in order to achieve better engine performances, reduced energy consumption and control emissions."

"I am confident that this company will set a new technological paradigm. One of our core objectives is to position ourselves as a technologically driven, forward looking company, and we will continue to push the envelope in terms of skill, scale, leadership and best practices."

Eugenio Razelli, said, "For Magneti Marelli the partnership with Hero in India is crucial: together we have the possibility of bringing a technical revolution in one of the most important two-wheelers market in the world, aiming at a better mobility, great market results and matching innovation, quality and affordability."

"I trust this partnership will be an example of perfect cooperation for technical and mobility evolution. For Magneti Marelli this is also an opportunity to celebrate the birth of the 10th industrial plant related to our activities in India: we are proud of the path we did so far in this Great Country."

HMC-MM Auto Ltd will help build Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) systems which will offer distinct advantages to the engines used in Hero's two-wheelers such as adaptability to different working climates, altitudes, improved performance and fuel efficiency, environmental regulations and gasoline blends.

Additional functionality such as Immobilisers, traction and slip control, multi map, flexi fuel and multi fuel management etc. will also be available with the above technology.

Click to compare, buy, and renew Car Insurance online

Buy InsuranceBuy Now

Please Wait while comments are loading...

Latest Wallpapers