The smell of a car is perhaps one factor that all people fail to list as their favourite feature of their car and yet do you know that the car's smell is something that will help decide people to like or dislike it?
The smell of a brand new car is something that car lovers adore. But car's tend to loose their good smell over time. This is when we start using air fresheners and car perfumes. Drivespark today present to its readers few tips to improve the smell of your car.
The car's smell is determined by various factor. The primary ones being its paint, leather, fabric and plastics used for the interior. The secondary factors that determine the smell of your car are its cleanliness, moisture, maintenance etc.
- Keeping your car free of stuff that tend to carry heavy smell is a strict no to maintain your car''s smell. Always clean your car regularly to remove any smelly materials.
- If you happen to smoke in your car, do not expect it to smell good. Avoid smoking in your car as the smoke tends to settle on to the interiors and it is pretty hard to remove it.
- Avoiding having food inside your car. Any spillage followed by incomplete cleaning will mean you will have spoilt food inside your car. One can only wonder how effective the car perfume will be with spoilt food around.
- Try to keep your car dry as much as possible. The moisture in the seats and carpets result in an unpleasant smell. Dry the carpets periodically vacuum clean the seats too.
- Make sure the car is properly water proofed, especially in the window sills. This will prevent rain water and slush entering your car and spoiling the smell.
- Do not forget to replace an empty air freshener. Choose a fragrance that is strong enough to mitigate other smells.