Getting a learner's driving license is fairly a simple job if you know what to do, where to go and what documents to have. But this is not something everybody knows. People are often cheated by touts who charge huge amounts just to get a learner's license.
Many people go to agents to get their LLs and DLs as they do not have time or they do not know the exact procedures. Agents misuse their weakness by charging fees that is many times more than the official fee.
Just follow the below steps to get yourself a learner's driver's license without much hassle
Go to the nearest RTO office and get the application. Carry three recent passport size photographs along with copies of address proof and ID proof.
One of the following can be used as an address proof
- Ration Card
- LIC Policy
- Electoral Roll
- Telephone Bill
- Electricity Bill
- Water Bill
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST, Backward Class and Minorties, etc.) and Income Certificate issued by Tahasildar.
- Pay slip issued by any office of the Central Government or a State Government or a Local body.
- Ration CardSelf swearing Affidavit by an applicant before an executive Magistrate or a First Class Judicial Magistrate or a Notary Public as evidence of age and address.
- Proof of legal presence in India in addition to proof of residence in case of foreigners.
You also need to carry documents to indicate your correct age. The applicant needs to produce one of the following is mandatory for the application to be accepted.
- School Certificate
- Birth Certificate.
- PAN card.
- Certificate granted by the registered medical practitioner not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon.
- Self swearing Affidavit by an applicant before an executive Magistrate or a First Class Judicial Magistrate or a Notary Public as evidence of age and address.
Click on NEXT to know how the test procedure for the learner's license will be.