Summer is probably the best time when you will enjoy washing your car. What better way to wash away the sweltering heat than drenching yourself in water while giving your favourite car a cool wash. While many consider car washing a simple job, there are actually some things that you need to know before you wash your car.
Follow these simple tips to get the best car wash.
- Park your car in a cool shady place before starting to wash it. Keeping it in the sun will make you feel hot and also heat up the car. Moreover quick drying water can leave patches on the car.
- Carefully wipe any large quantities of dust deposited on the bonnet, trunk and windscreen.
- Always use liquid soap to wash the car. Avoid using detergent or dish washing soaps. Prepare the solution as per the given instructions. Spray water on your car and then put the soap solution evenly across the surface.
- Take special car while washing the tyres. Always spray water in to the mud guards and wheel arches to remove stuck soil. Apply soap on tyres and rub them cleanly.
- Apply soap on the roof. Rub it completely for a few minutes using a sponge. Do not use rough fabrics as it might scratch the outer surface of the paint.
- You can now move to cleaning the side panels, bonnet and trunk. Once you have given the car a satisfactory rub, splash water on it trough a hose. Ensure all soap and lather is cleanly washed away.
- Use a soft cloth to wipe the car dry. Ensure there is no water standing on the roof.
- Take special care while wiping the wind shields and window glasses. Clean from both sides using a soft cloth or a paper towel.