Japanese automobile giant, Maruti Suzuki has launched its premium sedan offering in India during 2014. They christened their vehicle as ‘Ciaz' and had high expectations from their new vehicle. Maruti Suzuki Ciaz replaces their SX4 in the Indian market, which did not do well in terms of sales.
The Ciaz competes with Honda City and Hyundai Verna in the Indian market. Maruti Suzuki has packed its new sedan offering with several features to give it a competitive edge over its rivals. Now the Japanese manufacturer has introduced a new trim level with even more features than before.
Maruti Suzuki will be offering this new trim level in both petrol and diesel models. Currently their top of the line offering was the Z(O), which will be replaced by the Ciaz Z+ trim level. This new trim level will be their most feature rich offering and will provide more value to the buck.
The Z+ trim level will be powered by similar petrol and diesel engines in the Ciaz:
- The 1373cc petrol engine will produce 91.15 horsepower, along with 130 Nm of peak torque. It will be offered with a 5-speed manual transmission or an optional 4-speed automatic is also available.
- The 1248cc diesel mill will generate 88.47 horsepower, along with 200 Nm of peak torque. It will be offered only with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Over the Z trim Maruti Suzuki will offer its Z+ with additional creature comforts:
- Leather wrapped steering wheel
- Leather upholstered seats
- New touchscreen infotainment system
- Belt line ornament
- Trunk lid garnish
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Voice Command
Pricing of new Ciaz trim levels by Maruti Suzuki are as follows:
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZXI(petrol model) is priced at INR 9,08,197 ex-showroom, Delhi
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZDI(diesel model) is priced at INR 10,37,423 ex-showroom, Delhi