Fiat recently launched its hatchback 'Mobi' in Brazil where the pricing starts at Rs. 7.06 lakh onwards. Read on to find out the top 5 reasons on why it should be launched in India.
1. Multiple Choices In Small Hatchback - The SUVish looking Fiat Mobi can really give a fight to the Renault Kwid 1.0-litre variant. It has all the ingredient to severely undercut the competition in the small hatchback segment.
You can have multiple choices and need not depend on just the three models which are in the market. The Fiat Mobi will rival the Maruti Alto K10, Hyundai i10, and the new sensation Renault Kwid which will soon be launched in the 1-litre spec.
2. Fiat Mobi Looks More Proportioned - The Renault Kwid is the best looking small cars in India right now. Most of the manufacturers seem to compromise on the looks of the car when it is lower priced, however, Renault took the market by storm by launching a bold and a good looking Kwid.
Some might say that the overall package of the Renault Kwid is the best because we have not seen anything better than the Alto 800 or the Hyundai Eon. The Fiat Mobi is well proportioned from what we have seen of the car launched in Brazil. The wheels are much better proportioned than the Renault Kwid design.
3. Fiat - The brand Fiat brings the sense of solid build and engineering, all of their cars launched in India have its own cult following and they even swear by its handling capabilities. Not just that, the entire build is solid and feels grippy on roads.
Apart from the brand, Fiat is seeing a whole lot of competition and they have not had the best of sales in the recent past. The Mobi from Fiat can bring the focus light back on the company and brighten up its sales.
4. Dimension - The height and width of the Fiat Mobi are much bigger compared to the Renault Kwid, this means that seating space will be significantly bigger. The ground clearance on the Fiat Mobi is much smaller compared the Renault Kwid, the Kwid boasts of 180mm clearance and the Mobi comes with 156mm. But Fiat will tune and modify it to suit Indian condition with some changes on the suspension configurations.
5. Features - The Fiat Mobi launched in Brazil is equipped with current generation features like Drive-By-Wire, Lane Change Indicator, ESS (Emergency Braking Signaling), Follow-Me-Home headlamps. Apart from this, it also comes with dual airbags and ABS with EBD and a good infotainment system.
When there is a healthy competition, the best of anything comes out. Fiat should bring its Mobi to India and it will be a healthy competition in the small hatchback segment and you can have the best that India can get.