Indian rally driver Gaurav Gill has managed to win the Rally of Queensland, which is the second stage of the Asia-Pacific Rally Championship (APRC). The Rally of Queensland consisted of 13 stages and Gaurav Gill won all 13, with his co-driver Glenn Macneall.
The rally took place in Australia over the weekend and saw heavy rains on Saturday and thick fog on Sunday. Due to safety concerns, officials had to cancel 4 stages of the Rally, which had no effect on Gill onboard a MRF Skoda Fabia R5.
Gill had taken a lead of 1 minute 59 seconds ahead of his teammate Fabian Kreim and a comfortable position in the lead.
The drivers had to do a mandatory minimum kilometre distance for stage 2. A Special Super Short Stage was created that was 1.2 kilometre long, based on which full points were awarded to the drivers. Team MRF took the first and second places in the overall timings.
Rally Of Queensland (APRC Stage 2) Final Results
- Gaurav Gill/ Glenn Macneall (MRF-Skoda, 1:45:43.3)
- Fabian Kreim/ Frank Christian (MRF-Skoda, +1:59.6).
- Mike Young/ Malcolm Read (Cusco, +2:45.7)
- Nathan Quinn/ David Calder (+8:47.0)
- Atsushi Masumura/ Akiko Nakagawa (PCD Eng., +14:09.6)