Maruti Suzuki revolutionised the hatchback segment in 2005, with the launch of the iconic Swift. Termed as the most fun car of that time, the Swift continues to impress till date. The Swift has managed to successfully evolve with time and in its latest iteration, Maruti has launched the limited edition 'Swift Deca'.
The Swift Deca carries significant meaning for its makers. The Greek term 'Deca' translates to the number '10' in English. Since the very beginning, it was made clear that the Swift and football share a rather deep connection and Maruti showed us this link with their advertisements that feature the Swift playing football — Watch the ad now!
Many football greats have worn number 10 on their jerseys, namely Rivaldo (Brazil), Zinedine Zidane (France), and Maradona (Argentina). So, is the Swift Deca really that special? We say yes, and here are #PlayLike10 highlights that prove why.
1. Starting from the Swift Deca's exterior, the hatchback looks sporty, getting the #PlayLike10 concept on point. It features company-fit bumper skirts on the front and rear, a big ‘10' on either side, old-school stripes, and dual tone outer rear view mirrors that blend in perfectly with the car's overall exterior.
2. If you think that the Bright Red exterior finish is a little too bright for your liking, you can chose their other muted shade — Pearl White.
3. The interiors too are dressed to impress. The seats are finished in dual-toned red and white covers. And as one would expect, the seats have contrasting stitches and have number ‘10' embroidered onto them, making the interior feel as special as the exterior.
4. The Maruti Swift is already a comfortable car, but the carmaker decided to give the Deca just a dash of extra comfort, by providing armrests for the front seats.
5. The next attention-grabbing feature is housed inside. The dual DIN Sony touchscreen audio system with USB, AUX, and Bluetooth, connectivity ensure a wire-free AKA fuss-free audio experience. The system comes connected to 4 built-in speakers, making the best of music right in the comfort of your own car.
6. Is that carbon fibre, you ask? Not quite, but it comes pretty close. The dash has faux carbon fibre inserts to uplift the overall sportiness of the Swift Deca. The door handles too are finished in faux carbon fibre.
7. Ambient lighting is something rarely seen with cars, least of all — hatchbacks. Maruti has equipped the Deca with red ambient lighting, making it especially helpful during long night journeys.
8. So, what powers the Swift Deca?
The tried and tested 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.3-litre diesel engine powers the Swift Deca, and returns mileage figures of 20.4km/l and 25.2km/l respectively.
9. With power comes responsibility, which puts safety on top. Maruti Suzuki has equipped the Swift Deca with reverse parking camera and sensors. The Sony infotainment system doubles up as the display for the camera.
10. So how much does this thrilling Maruti Swift Deca #PlayLike10 package cost? The petrol variant of the Swift Deca costs Rs. 5.94 lakh, while the diesel variant costs Rs. 6.87 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). So what's stopping you? Join the greats now by clicking here.
Youtube Video: #PlayLike10 with Maruti Suzuki Swift Deca - Limited Edition