Maruti Suzuki Baleno Record 80,000 Units Sales Since Launch

Written By:

One of Maruti's hottest seller, the Baleno has crossed the 80,000 units sales mark since its launch. The premium hatchback has sold 80,330 units in ten months, which is on an average of 8,000 units a month.

Of the units sold, 70 percent of sales was for the 1.2-litre petrol variant, while the diesel variant accounted for the remaining 30 percent of the overall sales. This could be because of three reasons: cheaper on-road price for the petrol variant, narrow price difference between petrol and diesel, and the uncertain future of diesel vehicles in India.

Maruti Suzuki's plant is working extra hard to keep up with demand for the Baleno in the Indian market and clear its backlogs. The waiting period for a new Baleno at the moment is around 6 to 7 months, and this is expected to ease out once Maruti's new plant in Gujarat becomes operational next year.

Maruti Suzuki has also hiked the prices for the Baleno by Rs. 10,000, effective August 1, 2016.

Click to compare, buy, and renew Car Insurance online

Buy InsuranceBuy Now

Read more on: #maruti suzuki #auto news
Please Wait while comments are loading...

Latest Wallpapers