Ford has recalled around 8,30,000 vehicles in the US and Mexico over faulty door latches, which include the Mustang. The door latches could break, leading to the door opening while on the move.
The affected Ford vehicles include:
- Ford Escape SUV - 2013 to 2015 models
- Ford C-Max - 2013 to 2015 models
- Ford Focus - 2012 to 2015 models
- Ford Transit van - 2014 to 2016 models
- Ford Mustang - 2015 models
- Ford Lincoln MKC SUV - models
Ford claims that a tab inside can prevent the door from locking securely. Ford also says that the problem is higher in states with higher temperature, and will concentrate to fix door latches in 16 states in the South and West.
Ford will recall and fix the door latches in the 16 states, and in others, the carmaker will fix the latch if they break.