Recently, Ford announced that it will be recalling over 8 lakh vehicles over faulty door latches. Now, Ford has extended the recall to 1.5 million additional vehicles. Now, the recall covers nearly 2.4 million vehicles in North America.
The pawl spring tab in the door latch is the culprit for the recall, which could break and prevent the doors from locking securely. Ford has identified one accident and three injuries relating to the door latch problem.
Car owners can log on to www.ford.com, click on safety recalls and enter their vehicle identification number to see if their vehicle is part of the recall. If so, Ford dealerships will replace the latch free of cost.
The models affected are as follows:
- Ford Escape SUV - 2013 to 2015 models
- Ford C-Max - 2013 to 2015 models
- Ford Focus - 2012 to 2015 models
- Ford Transit van - 2014 to 2016 models
- Ford Mustang - 2015 models
- Ford Lincoln MKC SUV - 2015 models