Ford India recently reduced prices of its Endeavour premium SUV. Now, the American-based automobile manufacturer has discontinued its base variant of Endeavour in India. The 2.2-litre 4x2 MT Trend variant of Endeavour has been pulled from Ford India website.
Here are the variants and pricing of Ford Endeavour models in India:
- 2.2-litre 4X2 AT Trend is priced at Rs. 23.78 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi)
- 2.2-litre 4X4 MT Trend is priced at Rs. 23.78 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi)
- 3.2-litre 4X4 AT Trend is priced at Rs. 25.93 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi)
- 2.2-litre 4X2 AT Titanium is priced at Rs. 27.51 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi)
- 3.2-litre 4X4 AT Titanium is priced at Rs. 29.77 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi)
No reason has been cited by Ford India for discontinuing the 2.2-litre 4X2 MT Trend variant. It is most likely to be have been discontinued owing to poor demand. Customers are opting for the premium SUV with almost every feature and base variant is simply not worth buying.
It is a noticeable trend Ford dealerships have noticed that customers are opting for Endeavour with automatic transmission. The manual transmission is not a popular seller among Indian buyers. Majority of Indian buyers would never be taking their Endeavour SUV off-roading, so for them, comfort is a major concern.