The Volkswagen Group delivered 4.20 (January-May 2014) million vehicles from January to May.
Christian Klingler, the Group Board Member for Sales said in Wolfsburg, "Deliveries so far this year have been characterized by mixed market trends. Even with their broad range of young and eco-friendly models, the Volkswagen Group brands are not entirely immune to this situation."
The Company handed over 858,000 vehicles to customers in May. "The market situation in the South America region and in Russia remains tense. Developments in Europe continue to be positive. In the meantime, the new normality has arrived in China, where the market situation has changed as expected", Klinger added.
Group brands delivered a total of 1.73 million vehicles on the overall European market in the period to May, of which 936,200 were handed over in Western Europe (excluding Germany). 545,700 customers chose a new vehicle from the Volkswagen Group on the home market of Germany, while the Company delivered 250,700 units in Central and Eastern Europe.
Deliveries in Russia continued to decline, with 69,900 vehicles handed over to customers there.
The Group delivered 370,900 vehicles in the North America region from January to May, of which 241,800 were handed over to customers in the United States. The Volkswagen Group delivered 248,300 units in the South American region during the same period, of which 177,800 were handed over to customers in Brazil.
1.65 million vehicles were handed over to customers in the Asia-Pacific region in the period to May. At 1.49 million, deliveries in China, the Group's largest single market, almost matched last year's high level.
Outline of developments at Group brands
- The Volkswagen Passenger Cars brand delivered 2.48 million vehicles to customers worldwide in the first five months.
- The premium brand Audi handed over 744,900 vehicles worldwide in the period to May, an increase of 4.3 percent.
- The sports car manufacturer Porsche delivered a total of 93,200 vehicles, representing an increase of 30.3 percent compared with the previous year.
- The Czech brand ŠKODA delivered 449,700 vehicles in the period to May, a rise of 5.1 percent.
- SEAT handed over 176,400 vehicles to customers worldwide in the first five months.
- Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles delivered 184,400 vehicles during the same period.
- The MAN brand delivered 39,600 units from January to May.
- The Swedish brand Scania delivered 30,200 heavy trucks and buses to customers in the period to May.