Tata Motors has been awarded the 'Best Telematics Product or Launch in the Emerging market' award for its Telematics solution, the Android platform developed for the Tata Magic Iris Electric vehicle.
The TU Automotive Detroit - Telematics Autonomy mobility award is awarded to companies every year that excel in emerging markets for products and services relating to vehicle connectivity.
Key features of the telematics offering:
- Trip planner and Navigation: an algorithm to calculate the manageability of the trip based on the battery charge
- Duress SMS: one touch SMS feature for Ambulance, Police and Vehicle Owner
- Service SMS: one touch SMS for service reminders and break down management
- Mobile alert for charging: sends an alert message once the battery is fully charged
- A simple and full-proof intuitive GUI experience
The Tata Magic Iris Electric is a lithium ion battery-powered small commercial vehicle with a range of 100 kilometres. The EV needs a maximum of eight hours for a full charge, and features a roof solar panel for supplementary charging.