Tata Motors today have launched their highly anticipated 'Bolt' hatchback in India. The Indian automobile giant had showcased this vehicle at the 2014 Auto Expo in Delhi, along with the Zest compact sedan, which has already been launched.
Tata Bolt Pricing:
- Tata Bolt XE Petrol priced at INR 4,65,701 ex-showroom, Mumbai.
- Tata Bolt XM Petrol priced at INR 5,39,861 ex-showroom, Mumbai.
- Tata Bolt XMS Petrol priced at INR 5,64,113 ex-showroom, Mumbai.
- Tata Bolt XT Petrol priced at INR 6,34,686 ex-showroom, Mumbai.
- Tata Bolt XE Diesel priced at INR 5,75,096 ex-showroom, Mumbai.
- Tata Bolt XM Diesel priced at INR 6,49,656 ex-showroom, Mumbai.
- Tata Bolt XMS Diesel priced at INR 6,63,110 ex-showroom, Mumbai.
- Tata Bolt XT Diesel priced at INR 6,34,7,32,974 ex-showroom, Mumbai.
*all prices are introductory and are subject to change as per manufacturer feels.
Tata Bolt Engine Specifications:
Tata Motors will be providing their all new Bolt hatchback with a four cylinder turbocharged engine. This engine will be powered by petrol and will be their popular 1193cc Revotron engine. It will be capable of producing 88.8 bhp, along with 140 Nm of peak torque and will be paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
The diesel Bolt will be powered y a four cylinder, turbo cooled engine. The 1248cc diesel mill will produce 75 PS, along with 190 Nm of peak torque output and will be mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
The Indian manufacturer will not be introducing a diesel AMT to its lineup currently. They have, however, suggested if there is a demand they can surely provide it in future models. Tata Motors claim their petrol powered Bolt delivers fuel efficiency figures of 17.57 kpl, while their diesel powered Bolt will provide fuel efficiency figures of 22.95 kpl, approved by ARAI.
Tata Bolt Design:
The Bolt is developed from its sibling, Zest compact sedan. It looks taller and more upright giving the Bolt a pre-dominant stance against its competitors. The manufacturer has gone for a more premium approach and have sculpted the vehicle in those regards.
The design of Bolt has come up owing to the Indian manufacturers three studios. The first in Pune followed by Coventry in UK and Turin in Italy. The hatchback gets strong body lines giving it the illusion of being in motion, while standing still. The c-pillar has been intentionally blacked out to give the roof a floating design.
Tata Bolt Features:
- Follow me headlamps
- Multidrive system with ECO, City and Sport modes
- Fog lamps front and rear
- LED turn indicators
- Rear defogger
- Rugby shoulder seats
- 210-litre boot space
- Chrome finish gear knob,AC vents, centre console
- Connectnext infotainment system by Harman with eight speakers
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Climate control
- Smartphone integration
- MapMyIndia navigation system
- Memory card video black option
Tata Bolt Colour Options:
- Venetian Red
- Pristine White
- Platinum Silver
- Sky Grey
- Dune Beige
Tata Bolt Safety Options:
- Dual front airbags, 9th generation system by Bosch
- Corner stability control
- SPeed sensing door lock mechanism