Tata Motors today have launched their highly anticipated 'Bolt' hatchback in Bangalore, India. The Indian manufacturer had showcased its new hatchback and compact sedan at the 2014 Auto Expo in Delhi. Bangaloreans who want to book their Bolt hatchback online can do so by logging onto http://bookonline.tatamotors.com/.
Tata Bolt Pricing:
- Tata Bolt XE Petrol priced at INR 4,50,100 ex-showroom, Bangalore
- Tata Bolt XM Petrol priced at INR 5,22,162 ex-showroom, Bangalore
- Tata Bolt XMS Petrol priced at INR 5,46,380 ex-showroom, Bangalore
- Tata Bolt XT Petrol priced at INR 6,13,966 ex-showroom, Bangalore
- Tata Bolt XE Diesel priced at INR 5,59,074 ex-showroom, Bangalore
- Tata Bolt XM Diesel priced at INR 6,21,716 ex-showroom, Bangalore
- Tata Bolt XMS Diesel priced at INR 6,45,145 ex-showroom, Bangalore
- Tata Bolt XT Diesel priced at INR 7,12,020 ex-showroom, Bangalore
*all prices are introductory and are subject to change as per the manufacturer
Tata Bolt Engine Specifications:
A REVOTRON 1193cc, turbocharged MPFi four cylinder petrol powered engine with Multi-Drive feature will do duty in the Bolt. It will produce 88.73 horsepower along with 140 Nm of peak torque, and the engine is mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. Fuel efficiency figures certified by ARAI are decent at 17.57 kpl.
A QUADRAJET 1248cc common rail direct injection diesel will be the other engine choice in this hatchback. It will generate 73.94 horsepower along with 190 Nm of peak torque output, and the engine will be paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox. Fuel efficiency figures have been certified by ARAI as 22.95 kpl.
The Indian manufacturer will not be introducing a diesel AMT to its lineup currently. They have, however, suggested that if there is demand they could surely provide it in future models.
Tata Bolt Design:
The Bolt by Tata gets smoked projector headlamps for a sporty look. They have a re-designed the front grille giving it chrome and piano black finish. It will ride on sporty, eight-spoke alloy wheels. There is also a mild power bulge on its bonnet emphasising the power beneath.
The rear tail lamp of Tata Bolt has taken inspiration from burning flames. They have provided a visual illusion to their roof, as it is floating thanks to the C-pillar painted matte black. The manufacturer also has provided an aerodynamic rear spoiler to its hatchback.
The Bolt is developed from its sibling, the Zest compact sedan. It looks taller and more upright giving the Bolt a pre-dominant stance against its competitors. The manufacturer has gone for a more premium approach and have sculpted the vehicle in those regards.
Tata Bolt Features:
- Follow me headlamps
- Multidrive system with ECO, City and Sport modes
- Fog lamps front and rear
- LED turn indicators
- Rear defogger
- Rugby shoulder seats
- 210-litre boot space
- Chrome finish gear knob,AC vents, centre console
- Connectnext infotainment system by Harman with eight speakers
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Climate control
- Smartphone integration
- MapMyIndia navigation system
- Memory card video black option
Tata Bolt Colour Options:
- Venetian Red
- Pristine White
- Platinum Silver
- Sky Grey
- Dune Beige
Tata Bolt Safety:
- 9th generation ABS by Bosch
- Dual front airbags
- Corner stability control
- Speed sensing door lock mechanism
- Smart rear wiper