Sport Utility Vehicles (SUVs) are something in high demand these days. That is a good opportunity for carmakers to take over.
Last year, in the US, one out of every three vehicles bought was an SUV. This is mainly because of the space they offer and all round capability.
Youngsters are attracted to it as well as families and mothers with kids. Low interest rates, easing credit standards and the continuous development of these vehicles play a key role in sales.
According to Kelley Blue Book, SUV sales has increased 12 percent in the past year, which is more than 5.5 million vehicles. SUVs like the Honda CR-V has been one of the best sellers for the past three years.
The upcoming Chicago auto show will be no different for car makers. They will showcase their latest SUV offerings and lets take a look at what SUVs to watch out for:
- Projector-beam headlamps
- LED headlamps
- Rear-view camera
- Blind spot detection
- Cross-traffic alert
- Seven-inch screen
- Updated instrument panel
Kia Trail'ster concept:
- Fully retractable canvas roof
- Integrated roof rack fittings
- 2.5 inches higher than a standard Soul
- Pirelli snow tires
- 1.6-liter, four-cylinder engine with 185 horsepower
- Electric all-wheel-drive system
- Aerodynamic look that mimics the CR-V
- Eight-inch display screen
- Improved navigation system
- Five USB ports