Czech automobile manufacturer has unveiled its redesigned Superb in Prague. The luxury sedan now looks more bolder and sharper than its predecessors. This is the third generation model and is most likely to come to India as well.
The body of new Skoda Superb is extensively contoured. There is a massive power bulge in the centre, along with several other striking body updates that make the sedan look muscular and sharp.
The Czech manufacturer provides its new Superb with a redesigned front grille. Headlights are more angular and feature projector lights, along with LED Daytime Running Lights. They have also provided their new luxury sedan with a coupe like stance.
The rear also gets new updates in the form of LED tail lights with C-shape details. They will also be equipping their 2015 Superb with features like Dynamic Chassis Control, driving modes, rain sensor, light sensor, windshield and washer nozzles, heated seats, 3-zone auto climate control, electrically controlled panoramic tilt and slide roof.
Prof. Dr. h.c. Winfried Vahland, CEO Skoda, commented, This car marks the beginning of a new era for Skoda. In recent years, we have renewed and expanded our model range. The new Skoda Superb demonstrates our aspirations in the automotive mid-class."
He further added, "In terms of creativity and technology, it reaches a new level of performance, shows Skoda's reclaimed position and leads the way into the future of the brand. This fantastic car will attract new private and business customers to Skoda."
For international markets Skoda will be offering its 2015 Superb with five petrol and three diesel engines:
- The 1.4-litre petrol TSI engine will produce 123 horsepower and 200 Nm of peak torque
- The 1.4-litre petrol TSI engine will produce 147.88 horsepower and 250 Nm of peak torque
- The 1.8-litre petrol TSI engine will produce 177.47 horsepower and 250 Nm of peak torque
- The 2.0-litre petrol TSI engine will produce 216.90 horsepower and 350 Nm of peak torque
- The 2.0-litre petrol TSI engine will produce 276 horsepower and 350 Nm of peak torque
- The 1.6-litre TDI diesel engine will produce 118.31 horsepower and 250 Nm of peak torque
- The 2.0-litre TDI diesel engine will produce 147.88 horsepower and 340 Nm of peak torque
- The 2.0-litre TDI diesel engine will produce 187.32 horsepower and 400 Nm of peak torque