Renault has launched its Lodgy MPV in India on the 9th of April, 2015. This new model is being projected as the next best-seller for the French manufacturer.
The French automobile manufacturer believes it can replicate the success witnessed by its Duster in India. Renault Lodgy will provide more value for money in the MPV segment of India.
Renault Lodgy Engine Specifications:
Renault engineers will provide only diesel engines in their Lodgy MPV. They will carry forward the same engine that powers it Duster compact SUV model in India.
The French manufacturer will offer its 1.5-litre diesel mill will 85 PS, which will be mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. This same engine will be tuned to produce 110 PS and will be paired to a 6-speed manual gearbox.
Renault Lodgy India Pricing:
- Renault Lodgy 85 PS STD is priced at INR 8,19,000
- Renault Lodgy 85 PS RxE is priced at INR 8,99,000
- Renault Lodgy 85 PS RxL is priced at INR 9,59,000
- Renault Lodgy 85 PS RxZ is priced at INR 10,89,000
- Renault Lodgy 110 PS RxL is priced at INR 10,09,000
- Renault Lodgy 110 PS RxZ 8-Seater is priced at INR 11,49,000
- Renault Lodgy 110 PS RxZ 7-Seater is priced at INR 11,79,000
*all prices are ex-showroom, Delhi and introductory.
Renault Lodgy Safety Features:
- ABS with EBD
- Dual front airbags
- Rear-view camera with parking sensors
- Open door warning display
- Engine immobiliser
The main attraction of Renault's Lodgy is the tremendous space on offer. This MPV has three row of seating and still room for luggage behind. Lodgy will be offered in two seating option either a 7-seater or an 8-seater by Renault.
Seats can be flipped down in various configurations to maximise the storage space. The MPV provides 207 litres of boot space with all rows in space, while an additional 1861 litres can be achieved with seats dropped down.
Renault currently is offering the Duster only as a top-spec variant. The interior looks similar to that seen in Duster, with a few subtle changes. The MPV sports a roof-mounted air conditioning system dedicated for each row.