French automobile manufacturer, Renault has introduced its next generation Duster in India. They have provided their vehicle with several changes to the interior with minor updates to exterior styling.
Renault India is calling their compact SUV as the next generation Duster. The new model will be available in both petrol as well as diesel variants. Engineers have also tweaked the engine for more performance as well as fuel efficiency.
Next Generation Duster Price:
- Renault Duster RXE is priced at INR 8,30,009 ex-showroom, Delhi.
- Renault Duster RXL is priced at INR 9,63,240 ex-showroom, Delhi.
- Renault Duster RXL Plus is priced at INR 10,79,868 ex-showroom, Delhi.
- Renault Duster RXL Option is priced at INR 11,39,367 ex-showroom, Delhi.
- Renault Duster RXZ Plus is priced at INR 12,37,602 ex-showroom, Delhi.
- Renault Duster RXZ Option is priced at INR 12,42,656 ex-showroom, Delhi.
- Renault Duster RXL AWD is priced at INR 12,39,976 ex-showroom, Delhi.
- Renault Duster RXZ AWD is priced at INR 13,54,766 ex-showroom, Delhi.
* All models mentioned above are with the popular 1.5-litre dCi engine from Renault.
Next Generation Duster Engine Options:
- The 1.5-litre dCi diesel powered mill produces 108.45 horsepower and 245 Nm of peak torque. Renault claims this engine provides fuel efficiency figures of 19.64 kpl. This engine has been mated to a manual 6-speed transmission.
- Renault also provides a petrol powered 1.6-litre engine generating 102.53 horsepower and 148 Nm of peak torque output. The compact SUV returns combined fuel efficiency figures of 13.24 kpl.
- A 1.5-litre dCi diesel mill has been tuned to deliver 83.80 horsepower and 200 Nm of peak torque output. The next generation provides fuel efficiency figures of 19.87 kpl.
Next Generation Duster New Features:
Interiors get the maximum update in the next generation Renault Duster. It now features cruise control and ECO mode with speed limiter. The French manufacturer has also provided an all-new steering column, instrument console, multi-information display and gear shift indicator. They have also introduced a refreshed soft-touch dashboard, upholstery and front passenger armrest.
On the exterior there are only two noticeable changes provided by Renault. They will now provide body colour mirrors and door handles. There has been no other significant change added to exterior styling of next generation Duster.
Renault India has also confirmed that they will be launching a new MPV and compact hatchback for Indian markets. The MPV has been showcased on several occasions and is being called as the Lodgy. Other vehicle has not yet been given a name in particular and is expected by 2015-end.
We expected more from the next generation Duster, than just more features and creature comfort options. They have not done anything spectacular with the styling of the compact SUV. What do you think does added features and gadgets make a vehicle an enticing buy or not?