Mercedes Benz has promised to launch 15 vehicles in 2015, they have today launched their refreshed B-Class. This new hatchback made its global debut at the 2014 Paris Motor Show. The German manufacturer has provided significant interior as well as exterior updates.
2015 Mercedes Benz B-Class Pricing:
- Mercedes Benz B-Class petrol powered model the 180 Sport is priced at INR 27,95,000 ex-showroom, Mumbai.
- Mercedes Benz B-Class diesel powered model the 200 CDI is priced at INR 28,95,000 ex-showroom, Mumbai.
2015 Mercedes Benz B-Class Engine Specifications:
The new petrol powered B-Class hatchback is powered by a 1.6-litre direct injection engine. B 180 produces 122 horsepower, along with 200 Nm of peak torque. The vehicle has a top speed of 200 km/h owing to the variable valve timing and turbocharger.
The new diesel powered B-Class hatchback is powered by a 2.1-litre common rail direct injection engine. B 200 CDI produces 136 horsepower, along with 300 Nm of peak torque. The luxury tourer has a top speed of 210 km/h and gets a new crankshaft with four counterweights and crankcase with individual bearing caps.
Both the petrol and diesel 2015 B-Class gets 7G-TRONIC automatic gearbox from Mercedes Benz.
2015 Mercedes Benz B-Class Features:
- LED high performance headlamps with distinctive daytime and night-time look
- LED indicators integrated in exterior mirror
- LED tail lamps
- Third brake light in LED technology
- 10-spoke alloy wheel with 205/55 R-16
- Auto dimming exterior mirror on driver side
- ECO start/stop function
- Coming home function
- Headlamp assist
- Striking rear roof spoiler
- Rear fog lamps
- New Generation Telematics Audio 20
- High resolution multimedia system with twin tuner and CD player
- Speed sensitive volume contra
- Bluetooth connectivity for audio streaming, music transfer and telephone keypad
2015 Mercedes Benz B-Class Safety Features:
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- ADAPTIVE BRAKE
- Electronic Stability Program
- Anti-Lock Braking System
- Hill Start Assist with Hold function
- Acceleration Skid Control
- Brake Assist
- Tyre pressure loss warning system
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Airbag for driver and front seat passenger
- Side impact pelvis airbags for front seat occupants
- Knee airbag for driver
- ISOFIX child-seat mounts with a Top Tether attachment
2015 Mercedes Benz B-Class Design:
In terms of designing the new B-Class gets redesigned front and rear bumpers. The front grille has also been re-sculpted and gives the hatchback an all-new look. Mercedes Benz designers have also provide new alloy wheels and trapezoidal exhaust outlets.
The interior too has been redesigned and now features carbon fibre and metal accents. 2015 B-Class gets 12 colour option of ambient lighting. The German manufacturer has also provided an improved 8-inch infotainment with touchscreen accessibility.