Mercedes-Benz has started production of the GLA SUV in India. The GLA will be the first new generation car to be locally manufactured in India. The GLA-Class is seeing an increase in demand with Indian customers, and hence the move for local production in Chakan.
Mercedes currently manufactures six models in India, namely:
The company has invested over INR 1,000 crores since inception. Mercedes has an annual production capacity of 20,000 units.
Now, let's take a look at the Mercedes-Benz locally assembled GLA's price, features and more:
Locally Assembled Mercedes-Benz GLA Pricing:
- GLA 200 CDI Style: INR 31.31 lakh
- GLA 200 CDI Sport: INR 34.25 lakh
Prices ex-showroom Pune
Locally Assembled Mercedes-Benz GLA Engine & Transmission:
- 2143 cc inline four-cylinder diesel
- 134.04 horsepower.
- 300 Nm of peak torque
- 7-speed dual clutch transmission
Locally Assembled Mercedes-Benz GLA Features:
- ARTICO leather upholstery
- 14.7 cm central media display system
- Harman Kardon Logic 7 surround sound system