German luxury car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz had launched its CLA45 AMG in 2014. Now the manufacturer has launched its regular CLA-CLass for India. This is the first luxury compact sedan by the Three-Pointed star and will be assembled in India locally.
Eberhard Kern, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India expressed, "With many segment benchmarks, we are convinced that the CLA will firmly make its mark in India. Its powerful design underscores the sporty side of the Mercedes-Benz brand. The CLA remains true to Mercedes-Benz's core values by setting new standards in aerodynamics and efficiency, yet carves out a niche with its thrilling design and cutting- edge technology."
He further added, "The CLA-Class is stylish, sporty and distinctive and one of the most beautifully designed products from the Mercedes-Benz portfolio. The CLA-Class has been a global success winning new customers for Mercedes-Benz and we aim to replicate this success in India."
Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Pricing:
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 200 CDI Style is priced at INR 31,50,000 ex-showroom, Delhi.(diesel)
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 200 CDI Sport is priced at INR 35,90,000 ex-showroom, Delhi.(diesel)
- Mercedes-Benz CLA 200 Sport is priced at INR 35,00,000 ex-showroom, Delhi.(petrol)
Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Engine Specifications:
The CLA-Class gets both one petrol and diesel engine.
- The petrol powered CLA-Class gets a 2.0-litre turbo, four-cylinder engine. It will produce 181 bhp, along with 300 Nm of peak torque.
- The diesel powered CLA-Class gets a 2.2-litre turbocharged, four-cylinder mill. It will be capable of generating 135 bhp, along with 300 Nm of peak torque.
- The petrol powered compact sedan can sprint from 0 to 100 km/h in a matter of 7.8 seconds, it will capable of hitting top speeds of 235 km/h.
- The diesel powered compact sedan can sprint from 0 to 100 km/h in a matter of 9.8 seconds, it will capable of hitting top speeds of 220 km/h.
The German engineers have equipped the vehicle with a dual clutch transmission, along with a 7-speed automatic transmission.
Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Design:
Mercedes-Benz have developed the CLA-Class from their Mercedes front wheel drive architecture or also known as MFA platform. Other vehicles that have been developed from this similar platform are the A-Class, B-Class and the GLA-Class. All these products are currently on offer in India and are highly appreciated.
In terms of styling the CLA-Class is very similar to the CLA45 AMG that was launched sometime ago. It has strong and muscular body lines along the side and bonnet area of the compact sedan. It will also sport the famous diamond radiator grille seen on other platform vehicles.
Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Features:
- Bi-Xenon headlamps
- LED rear lights
- Daytime Running Lights
- Panoramic sunroof
- Garmin MAP PILOT
- Harman Kardon Logic 7 surround sound system
- Reversing camera
- Light and Sight package
Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Safety Options:
- Hill Start Assist
- Six airbags
- 5-star EURO NCAP rating
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- STEER CONTROL
Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Colour Options:
- Cirrus White
- Jupiter Red
- Polar Silver
- Mountain Grey