India is becoming a major country for manufacturers to launch their premium and luxury products. British automobile manufacturer of premium luxury vehicles, Jaguar has a strong presence in India, owing to their alliance with Tata Motors.
Jaguar has recently unveiled its XE premium luxury sedan. The British automobile manufacturer was not supposed to launch this vehicle in India prior to 2016. They now plan to bring the XE to India at the 2016 Auto Expo, which will be held in Delhi, the location of its launch as well.
Internationally, the XE by Jaguar sports a variety of engines, but it is still unclear which of these engines will be offered in India:
- 2.0-litre petrol powered engine in different tune options
- 2.0-litre diesel mill, which will also be offered in various tune options
- 3.0-litre, supercharged V6 petrol engine will d duty in XE S
- Petrol models will be offered with 8-speed automatic gearbox as standard equipment
- 6-speed manual gearbox is also available as an option, however, it may not be offered in India
The British automobile manufacturer is putting all it money on their XE sedan. It will face competition from the likes of Audi A4, BMW 3-Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class, which have ruled the domain successfully. We believe Jaguar will focus more attention to their diesel models, as it is the preferred choice of most Indian luxury car buyers.
On the official Jaguar site for India, they confirm that the XE will be available from 2016. They may offer first few models as direct imports and could look at options of assembling the vehicle locally in India as well. This could help the British manufacturer to achieve more competitive pricing.