When Hyundai launched the Creta, we received a few questions.
a) Is the Creta a good SUV?
b) How will the Creta perform in terms of sales?
This newly launched compact SUV has managed to sell 7,437 units in August, 2015 — making it India's best selling SUV. Earlier, the Mahindra Bolero set the sales chart on fire. However, in August, managed to sell only 4,804 units followed by Maruti's newly launched S-Cross at 4,602 units.
If numbers aren't your thing, and you're interested as to why the Creta is doing so well? Here is the Creta at a glance.
Hyundai Creta price in India:
- GLS 1.6 CRDi SX is priced at INR 11,59,971
- GLS 1.6 CRDi SX+ is priced at INR 12,57,773
- GLS 1.6 CRDi Auto SX+ is priced at INR 13,57,770
- GLS 1.6 CRDi SX(O) is priced at INR 13,60,198
- L 1.6 VTVT is priced at INR 8,59,558
- GLS 1.6 VTVT S is priced at INR 9,57,062
- GLS 1.6 VTVT SX+ is priced at INR 11,18,548
- L 1.4 CRDi is priced at INR 9,46,939
- GL 1.4 CRDi S is priced at INR 10,42,225
- GL 1.4 CRDi S+ is priced at INR 11,45,030
All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi
- 1.6-litre petrol engine that produces 123 PS, mated to a manual transmission
- 1.6-litre CRDi VGT diesel engine that produces 128 PS, mated to either manual or auto transmission
- 1.4-litre CRDi diesel engine that produces 90 PS of power, mated to a manual transmission.
- Side and curtain airbags
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Reverse Parking Camera
- Electronic Stability Control
- Hill-start Assist Control
- Vehicle Stability Management
- Cornering Lamps Projector Lamps
Hyundai Creta in pictures: