Honda India has announced the 8th Young Engineers and Scientists award for 2014. Fourteen students from India's prestigious institute for science and technology. The awards were presented to students of Indian Institute of Technology.
The Young Engineers and Scientists award was formed by Honda foundation. They began this initiative in India in 2008 and have ever since been supporting and encouraging young Indian scientists and engineers.
Fourteen students from eight IITs were presented awards this year. This year students from Bombay, BHU, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee. They had to submit technical papers, essays, personal interviews and were given a Cumulative Grade Point Average by the selection committee.
The winners who won awards for Young Engineers and Scientists 2014 By Honda Foundation are:
- Anand Pradeep Lawani from IIT Bombay
- Harsh Anil Kabra from IIT Bombay
- Shyam Sunder Prasad from IIT Bombay
- Akshay Aggarwal from IIT Kanpur
- Akshay Vijay Chaudhari from IIT Kanpur
- Siddharth Prusty from IIT Kanpur
- Nikhil Oberoi from IIT BHU
- Sajal Maheshwari from IIT BHU
- Aman Gupta from IIT Roorkee
- Madhav Kiritkumar Pathak from IIT Roorkee
- Yash Chandnani from IIT Kharagpur
- Vishal Subbiah from IIT Madras
- Suman Shekhar from IIT Delhi
- Shreya Raina from IIT Guwahati
Yoshiyuki Matsumoto, Managing Officer, Honda Motor Company and Representative of Development, Purchasing and Production in Asia & Oceania Region expressed, "It has been our endeavor to promote and encourage young students to involve in higher research in the field of technology."
He further added, "We want to provide them the opportunity with Y-E-S awards so that they can fulfill their dreams. All the editions of Y-E-S awards have received tremendous response and enthusiasm from the IIT students who put in their best efforts to showcase their work."